1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Week 2] NFL

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DreamShook, Sep 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Mike Zimmer said AD's injury situation "calmed down" and now appears to be minor.

Regarding Bradford, there is no reason to think he will continue this kind of production. Just give him time to come back down to Earth.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Please do not bring Lady Gaga anywhere near Houston during the Superbowl.

3. conquistador#11

when defenses are allowed to rough up the qb, even a half a second after he releases the ball and the corners allowed to get in an extra jam, these elite guys don't look like video game caricatures. vikings were getting away with that and I loved it.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'm fine with that, but allowing Sendejo a free shot on Rodgers and the Packers ending up with the penalty is laughable.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Falcons had the Raiders fans fighting each other today. <a href="https://t.co/QQnSVFfw68">pic.twitter.com/QQnSVFfw68</a></p>&mdash; Everything Georgia (@GAFollowers) <a href="https://twitter.com/GAFollowers/status/777711114624704513">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. PhiSlammaJamma

My three stadium incidents.

1) As 10 year old in Miami at the Orange Bowl, I was rooting "Let's go Buffalo", my dad was petrified, and I had beer dumped on me all game long. My Dad was miffed, but that was life at the Orange Bowl. It was a zoo. Buffalo won 10-7 I think.

2) In Buffalo, on MNF, season opener, I was rooting for the Titans the first game after the miracle. Jersey and all. I was pelted with quarters the entire game. Ironically, the Titans almost returned the final kickoff for a TD, but lost on a long FG miss.

3) at the same Buffalo game, waiting in line for the urinal troughs, Buffalo Bills fans started chanting that Titans fans were giving free blow jobs. I got the hell out of that line!

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Interesting factoid... Cleveland has started five different QBs their last five games.

8. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

charley casserley and mike mayock come off as racist when it comes to african-american qbs. I've held my tongue for the longest, but im not gonna anymore

last night wentz played an outstanding game, but not without flaw. He stood in the pocket scanned the field, i liked what i saw. But he also took some serious hits, and he does NOT know how to slide( thats what got him injured in the preseason)

But back to Mayock and Casserly, so im watching NFL Network. And they are glossing over wentz's performance, saying he is the next andrew luck( whatever that means anymore). Then they bring up the hits he has taken in the first 2 games, and casserly said it shows leadership fighting for the extra yard. But Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, thats not what you were saying about Cam and RG3.

And then it got to the part where they were discussing jay cutler. They showed a video feed of last nights sideline interaction between an enraged bears dlineman, and jay cutler. Casserly quickly came to cutlers defense blaming the o-line( my mouth dropped), then mayock shook his head in approval, mayock said the oline was intentionally setting up jay cutler to get injured, and Casserly added that the dlineman should "know his place" and let cutler walk to the locker room.

But see if Cutler were black, they wouldnt be saying that. How do i know that well after a 2012 loss to vikings Casserly questioned Cam Newtons leadership, and RG3's leadership after he started 2-5.. keep in this is their ROOKIE years. I have often gone on record saying that a black qb has to SET THE LEAGUE ON FIRE his rookie year to get the "seal of approval". Notice the black qbs starting and what they all have in common(they all had amazing rookie years or great years as first time starting qbs) Casserly and Mayock were the main ones that said hold off on the dak prescott hype and that tony romo gave the cowboys the best chance to win. They didnt want dak prescott to get that chance againist the rams on that nationally televised game.. as an african american qb.. rookie or not, you only get one shot. This thursday is Jacoby Brissett shot( lets see what happens)

People say im anti-white qb( which is not the case) Im happy for Wentz i really am. Dude came from a small school and lighting up the nfl, but its a shame the NFL Network cant just accept that the change in the NFL at the qb position is gonna happen within 5 years time. What you think a 44 year old Brady and a 42 year old Brees will be around.

these guys mayock and casserly watch them around draft time this year, they were quiet about goff and wentz. But watch how they say negative things about the qbs in this years draft. They do this EVERY year like with winston and mariota, and im tired of it

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You are overly obsessed about the race of QB's. You should probably seek professional help.

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

Have a feeling he will be sitting out the next national anthem. :cool:

11. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Laughable coming from you...

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

AD will have surgery tomorrow:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000706867/article/adrian-peterson-to-undergo-knee-surgery-thursday

And they signed Ronnie Hillman for RB depth.

Also saw where Josh Gordon has an arrest warrant out for him. I wonder hw many FF people drafted him to stash him.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Vikings officially have placed RB Adrian Peterson on injured reserve.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="">September 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member