1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you feel if the Rockets suddenly got real good...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsLegend, Sep 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

The Welchmaster

2. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

They all look your higit brothers to me. Why do you hate your own people?

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What if McDonald's got great again and was invaded by a bunch of bandwagoning Burger King and Wendy's fans?

4. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Not true. I've never rooted for any other team other than the Rockets so it's impossible for me to be a bandwagon fan.

5. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Whatever brings us a championship.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just wanted to drop in and say this thread sucks. "What if the Rockets suddenly got real good... would you like that?" GTFO. Like any actual Rockets fan would prefer losing to winning just so others won't come to cheer the Rockets too.

7. theREALDEALkid

I dont want any bandwagon fans. They just nake you look worse when times get rough.

You wasn't w. me shootin in the GYM!

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm putting us at 48 wins so I don't think I'm in the optimistic or pessimistic crowd. We don't have a player as good as a motivated and integrated Dwight Howard, but we didn't have that last season either. We have some new pieces that are above average and fit much better stylistically. We have a coach who the players have not lost faith in. Overall I see a bump in offense and coaching, same defense, slightly less talent. I can see the trajectory of NBA refereeing to work in favor of our new coaching philosophy.

There are a couple of guys on here who deserve to be served some crow if the team over achieves. As fans, I'd hope they would be happy to eat that crow. If there are, and I doubt there are, people who are ultra pessimistic and would act like bitter losers if we overachieve, I would find it hard to connect with them as fans frankly. I would be shocked if there were people who call themselves fans and can't be happy for the team if it overachieves.

across110thstreet likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What if the Rockets suddenly got real bad, would RocketsLegend disappear?

10. hvic

hvic Member

If we win a championship maybe Les will change our uniforms

11. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

If bandwagon fans start filling the stadium and giving Les the idea that he can raise ticket prices, then its a problem. Plus, more bandwagoners will give him the impression that he's "building" the team towards a championship. Theyll be exciting and score points, but they wont win the title and thats whats most important.

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Whether the Rockets are good and bad, they are our team. When they're bad, you cheer for them to make the changes that will be good. When they're good, you reap the rewards of your loyalty. If they suddenly got "real good," you'd be happy that the team that you've supported for years or decades is competitive. There's not a whole lot of calculus that goes into your thought process here.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It was a tongue and cheek comment on how old I am and how long I have been a fan.

DD

14. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

You had me at "suddenly got real good". I'm in. I'll take the deal with the devil. The rest of that sentence is irrelevant.

15. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

amen.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't want anymore "suddenly got good" events to occur.

The last three times that happened Ty fell off a cliff, Lillard hit one of the greatest buzzer beaters of all time on us, and Tracy McGrady's knee exploded and Yao's foot exploded later in the playoffs.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When some of the ready to win now big men don't want to come play for you, there's a problem. Harden is in his prime now and you need to get experienced champion ready 4/5s.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If overachieving one season is a precursor for better times and more consistent seasons that would be great.

But last time we overachieved and got to the WCF the coach got fired after 11 games, we underachieved and the season went to hell.

Last 2 seasons summarized.

19. Houston22

Houston22 Member

It all depends on what the direction is. We might be good in regular season, because of Harden, but if team and Harden himself took things in right direction, we could be also good in playoffs. Maybe WCF good.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

They can be a good team when healthy. The problem is we have too many guys with injury concerns. Gordon, Anderson, Nene, Bev, and possibly DMo.