1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, they are great characters, but I hate them. Though I liked Jamie when he was away from Cersei.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Can't wait for season 7 when Jaime has to battle against the combined forces of Dany and Jon. I'll be rooting for Jaime obviously.

I think in the end it's either Jaime betrays Cersei to join Dany or Uncle Imp betrays Dany and joins Jamie.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Good point. Will be interesting to see how the Lannisters split up

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Seems like you made it through all Seasons without reading anything here to spoiling it, or to help you figure it out. Maybe you are a complete innocent to the entire 6 seasons...if so, this is fascinating.

Two questions, maybe more later:

Were you able to figure out who Jon's father is?

And, was the Wild Fire plot by Cersei a complete surprise.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Re: Jon's father, not as easily. I had to read up a bit to find out. I've read somewhere while I was still in the first 3 seasons about Jon's real parents being a big plot twist, but didn't know who. So I thought he was a Baratheon for some reason. Maybe because he has dark curly hair, while Targaryens have long silky hair. Doesn't make any sense... Jon should have white hair.

As for the Wild Fire, I was expecting some sort of revenge, no one expects anything less from Cersei. Though the fire was a complete surprise, did they hint on that in any previous episodes? I did expect something more cruel, death by fire seems too quick for Cersei. I did enjoy seeing the "shame" nun get killled slowly, she was a beesche.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Cersei isn't smart as hell; she's the one who put the faith militant into power in the first place, when that would so obviously blow up in her face. She's a poor man's Tywin.

Also: started listening to the audiobooks. High quality versions were posted on Reddit, y'all should see it if you Google for it.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

True, she's not the strategist Tywin was, but she's still cunning in other more manipulative ways. She'd do horrible in wars, but excellent in politics IMO.

Maybe she didn't know Tommen was such a pansy and underestimated the cult's following. Similar to how Tywin underestimated Tyrion, which lead to his death.

8. Buck Turgidson

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but Lena Headey looks sooooo much better with long hair. Looks goofy as hell with the bowl cut, then again so do I.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rewatch s06e06 (I think), there is a Bran vision were he sees a compilation of a bunch of things. We actually see the Wild Fire scene of it burning through the underground halls. That's somewhat a big tell, but it was so quick.

Also, the scene when Tommen outlaws Trial by Combat, Cersei leaves the throne room distraught and at wits end (literally). She asks the maester about the "rumor." He says it's true and more than we thought. or something like that.

Tyrion also reminds us of the wild fire...etc in like s06e09. And we knew from Season 2 prior to Blackwater, that there was way more wild fire than Tyrion needed to use.

That is one case where I wonder if it would have been funner to remain an innocent. Not sure if I would have thought about it enough, without chatting here, and it might have come as a glorious surprise. It's like, is the binge watching method funner (where you're just watching without theorizing much) or the once a week with discussion interludes funner (where you chat with friends about what might happen next).

10. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

From what I know, the Targaryen children with white hair have white hair because their parents are Brother and Sister that have a child together to create a "pure" Targaryen. Not sure how they are not slack jawed yokels. That is why Dany has white hair since her parents were Brother and Sister.

11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I think they dropped subtle clues here and there throughout the seasons however without the book content and the use of the internet I'm confident my guesses on parentage and series of events would be wrong a lot more.

I think the explanation for Jon's hair color stems from Lyanna Stark and you have to go back to the first season of Game of Thrones to understand why.

The series started off with Jon Arryn dying and Robert Baratheon asking Ned to be his Hand of the King. Ned discovers that all Baratheons have dark haired children and yet Robert's children are all blonde. This causes him to suspect infidelity from Cersei and what causes him to get executed starting the War of the 5 Kings.

It's safe to assume that the brunette hair color of the Starks would be the dominant trait passed over instead of the silver blonde hair of the Targaryens.

As for the Wildfire, again I was all over reddit reading theories and watching YT videos every passing week so I saw it coming. I don't think I would have been privy to the subtle hints dropped in Season 6 but I do think I would have sensed a revenge plot of some sort at the hands of Cersei as well. Been trying to get one of my best friends into the series and he's being stubborn about watching it so it's interesting to read your perspective.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why would she do well in politics?

She has made enemies of essentially the whole world except people who were loyal to her family's money. Her combination of stupidity and vileness has directly led to the death of all three of her children.

She got put in a position of power because she was born the daughter of someone with a lot of power and money. She became queen because the new king's first choice was dead and so in order to preserve the peace he married the daughter of a strong potential ally.

She has literally done nothing since then to help herself. She is queen now of a broken country where she is hated in every region except her own. Unless the show retcons things to make it more interesting, she has no money, no allies and a dwindling army all because of her stupidity. She got herself violated, again, because of her poor political ambitions.

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

So she's basically the George W Bush of Westeros.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not even. Bush connected with people and made people want to vote for him. Nobody LIKES cersei

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

I must have misinterpreted Cersei's character then. I thought she had to be pretty smart because at the end she ended up queen, though at the cost of her 3 children and father... and cult cousin.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Cersei is the type of person who think they're incredibly smart but really aren't.

It's a theme that's been repeated to her through various characters over the series, she's essentially a bull in a china shop.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Glad you find yourself at home watching this....now you have to wait like the rest of us.

Jontro likes this.
  18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Texas Supreme Court Justice

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Our new courtroom chairs have finally arrived. ⚖<br> <a href="https://t.co/8T8ks9TuJW">pic.twitter.com/8T8ks9TuJW</a></p>&mdash; Justice Don Willett (@JusticeWillett) <a href="https://twitter.com/JusticeWillett/status/755563426198487040">July 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>