1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

SMFH

Edit: The post I was referring to is gone. I hope the poster is as well.

#401 AroundTheWorld, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  2. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

^^^For being a black man, you dont seem to have a good grasp on the definition of racism. If you hate or dont like a race, its racism.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Ironically, there's no such thing as human races..

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Tell that to Usain Bolt

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Hahaha good one :grin:

6. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

He has no shot and now he has zero trade value... Cut this scrub. I said last year why sign a guy that can't shoot on a team that desperately needs shooters that plays Harden's position.

7. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Reason for that is because because of the "Click Bait" titles that incite uninformed opinions from people because they don't read the entire account of what is going on. I myself had not heard about the black family. Adding that to the equation this whole thing may not even be about race or black folks getting back at white cops. That's my uninformed opinion.

What I said was "She didn't say the killings were right or that her feelings were right" Everything she stated was about her feelings. Operating on feelings will steer you in the wrong direction 65 percent of the time. Her exact words were "I value human life but I can't help but feel like...." If the articles title would have been "First black Miss Alabama says "I value human life but, I can't help but feel like..." it's read with empathy instead of a negative or hateful connotation. That's why I call it "Click Bait". It's enhancing the negative in order to get more viewer/readers. The title would have been just as effective if it would have showed the internal conflict that Miss Alabama is having with a very difficult public opinion situation. Everyone wants thinks that people feelings should be cut and dry on the issue. That is not real life.

Thanks for the Article by the way. May fit it in this weekend.

I agree honesty is great and we all have ****ed up feelings when we are emotional and that's fine. However, she pretty clearly said she didn't feel bad for the cops who died and she felt like the guy was a martyr even though she knew that wasn't the "right" way to feel. She explained why she felt that way and that's her feeling. It wasn't click bait. The video speaks for itself. I just watched again. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other how she feels, but at that point in time when she decided to broadcast those were her feelings that she was conflicted about.

Yeah cops aren't perfect but how much blame do you want to put on them for everything that goes on in these downtrodden communities? Secondly, it gets even worse when the media pounces on every single killing of a black male by a white police officer and creates hysteria as we have now. Whether or not this matters to you a recent study Harvard study (http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/12...shootings.html read it if you get time because I thought it was interesting) has shown that there was no bias in the use of deadly force among each race/ethnic group. There were MAJOR issues in use of excessive force against blacks though. More research needs to be done in this since there is not a lot of comprehensive demographic data about police killing suspects or suspects killing police. So yes there are problems, but people can't simply allow themselves to get whipped into a frenzy over media reporting that seems to be misrepresenting the situation with respect to the use of deadly force.

Lastly I hate that I am talking about this in the GARM.

8. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

He is way too angry of a person to have a legitimate discussion with.

9. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Unfortunately for you, your IQ is lower than his 3 point % and my respect for you is right there with that of Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein, and the turd I just flushed down the toilet. Oh wait, I respect my turd a hell of a lot more than you!!!!

10. Rockets13

Rockets13 Member

You're not guaranteed freedom of speech from your employer. Freedom of speech only applies to the government, and seeing as how he hasn't been arrested for his statement. His freedom of speech rights have not been infringed upon.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't support that he said. I support his right to have an opinion even if it's a stupid one. You seem to think that makes him a thug.

You're the loser. You're the one who can't even fathom someone who frankly you don't own having an opinion and not losing your ****. Grow up.

12. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Will you losers get off of it already. Can't believe you morons are going on and on about this. Take this crap to breitbart for gods sakes. This forum is supposed to be about freaking BASKETBALL!!

13. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Why the hell has this despicable thread been allowed to persist this long?

This site is disgusting. Who the hell are the mods for christs sakes?

14. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Wow, what a trashy thread

15. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Any and all racist remarks should bring a lifetime ban. Class it up, Clutch.

16. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Why arent there more black coaches/owners/GMs in the NBA?
    Arent we all supposed to have the same opportunity to succeed?
    In a league dominated by minorities at the player level why are the Front Offices mostly one race?

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

Pretty sure this guy is a troll. Just joined, and I think almost all of his posts are in this thread. Ignore him.

I want KJ off this team one way or another. I wouldn't be surprised if Les handed down the order himself. Can't tolerate that much willful ignorance.

18. Garner

Garner Member

How can I block this guy?

19. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FONN-0uoTHI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

click on his name on a post he has made. Look for a drop down that says user lists and choose Block this user. Confirm and go back to the thread. Anything he posts will say this user is blocked.