1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Assessing Warriors' Big Four

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Jul 6, 2016.

1. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

You're right on the money. Curry and draymond are the best at their positions in the NBA.

Durant is just behind LeBron, klay is right behind harden. This team is silly loaded. To top it off they all play an unselfish pass first brand of basketball. This is gonna be beautiful to watch.

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

They're really extremely good... to play with one ball. Would be interesting how they mesh together , I expect Clay no. to decline .There 'll time where they may miss HB sharp shooting and effeminate contribution

On another hand, SA with Paul would score 10point+ at least more this coming season, more of a better fit

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Durant is going to have an ego crisis midway through the season when his stats go down across the board and he's averaging sub-20 points.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not even debatable.

KD's greatness off the ball is exactly what will blow people away. He will easily clear 50/40 again. Wouldn't be surprised if he does 55/45.

Steph and KD will be 1A and 1B on offense. I doubt Green has an issue with fewer shots/points because he respects KD so much. IMO, Klay is the guy who could suffer the most. Keep an eye on him.

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

Honestly, I think everyone saying "this season is already over, I'm not going to pay attention, the Warriors already won" etc are overreacting.

Sure. They are talented. And they are coming off an incredible season. But how is all of this going to fit together? If Durant keeps shooting as much as he did, will Curry and Thompson get upset? If they don't win as much as they did last season, will the fans blame Durant? Will Zaza be able to set as good of illegal screens as Bogut? Will they be able to stay healthy?

They will undeniably be the favorites. But I don't think that it's a given that they will mesh or they will stay healthy or that they will definitely win the Finals

6. aumate

aumate Member

Kay would also likely be the first one to leave or be traded too. He seems like a guy with an ego. Sure he's fine being second or third option now but he'll be most likely fourth option now with KD.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Durant will buy in, because:

1) He's probably weighed this decision way too many times in his head

2) He's has to share the ball with Russell freakin' Westbrook, so KD knows what it's like to be second fiddle, almost.

8. lalala902102001

Can you name another 4 player combination on any other team in the league that are better than the Warriors 4?

There you go.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

Not 4 but 5

BP
    Harden
    Brewer
    Ariza
    Nene

10. BackdoorHarden

No, Klay loves this. Klay just likes to play video games, pick up hot chicks, and walk his dog. If it was up to him, he would just play basketball and not be noticed.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Klay better get used to playing the 3rd fiddle.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

^ Gone ---------------------->>>>

<---------------- v v v Probably Gone v v v

[​IMG][​IMG]

The Warriors now have an awesome starting 5 and no role players that helped them win an actual postseason championship. Good luck with all that. May the injury bug and chemistry bug never hit you. Remember how Curry and Klay would average like 30 mpg.. not any more. Trust me, they don't have this thing figured out, but the starting 5 does look good. But just the starting five. Championships take role players.

13. don grahamleone

And being primarily a defensive player and a guy that plays 37 minutes a night.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe 4th fiddle because his PPG will drop more than anyone else while Draymond Green will continue racking up assists and rebounds.

The "Splash Brothers" talk will disappear as the focus becomes Steph and KD. It will be very clear next season Klay is their 4th best player. If all he cares about is winning, everything will be fine. But I have doubts.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

They will score for sure. Their offense will just be historically good.

But some great points brought up here:

1) Klay is very streaky and is a rhythm player. He will be the 3rd option but b/c he's not the playmaker, his touches will be even less now. How will he deal with that will be huge. Will his defensive intensity remain at a high level with less offensive touches? His role got bigger in the playoff run and now it will be reduced fairly greatly. If they win championships, I think he'll be fine. If they don't, then I can see him bolting.

2) Their defense and rebounding. People underrate Bogut a lot. He's a great rim protector. His interior presence was one of the main reasons GSW led 2-0 to start the Finals. Now with Festus potentially leaving too, the Warriors have ZERO rim protection. Warriors' greatness was b/c of their ability to defend just as much as their ability to score. If they can't defend and rebound at a high level, that will limit their ability to run out on breaks and get quick shots that really demoralize teams.

3) Interior offense. Getting Durant still doesn't solve their need for interior offense. Many times in the playoffs they just jack up ridiculous shots after ridiculous shots. KD can also make those tough shots, but as we saw in the playoffs, when his jumper is off, his offensive game also goes south.

I think we need to see how the Warriors score against elite defenses in teh playoffs before saying anything. They will go wild in the regular season b/c their greatness will overwhelm most teams. But jumpshots don't always go in in the playoffs. Defense and rebounding matter more. And they got weaker in those 2 categories.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He's too good to average sub 20 points.

I see scoring goes like this.

Curry/KD around 23-25 points. Klay around 16-18 points. Draymond around 12-14 points.

17. BackdoorHarden

That's probably right. Remember, Curry's high was 24 points.

Curry's career average was 16 shots a game before 20 shots this year. So he'll be back to his career average of 16 shots

18. don grahamleone

Let's say Klay's touches become an issue and he gets traded. Then KD walks in the offseason when he doesn't win a chip. Then that entire 73-9 team would be broken up over nothing. A dream come true!!

Also, I was thinking about how they lost all these interior players that shaped their offense and made a triangle offense possible. Now they have players that form a mighty umbrella. Seriously, is KD going to set a mean pick to get Curry open or will Curry be setting this pick for KD? Hahaha, they have nothing figured out. A LOT has to change for them for this to work in reality.

What happens when: [​IMG]

Becomes:
    [​IMG]

"I know! I know!" -Coach Barnes at The University of Texas

[​IMG]

"Coach, what should we do if we can't find a hole in the defense?"

"Keep rotating the ball around the perimeter for 40 seconds!"

#38 don grahamleone, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This 100%. Those 3 things are literally all he wants to do. Klay is the LAST guy that would let his ego get in the way. This is the same guy that wanted to get his contract negotiations done by himself, without an agent, so he could go home and play with his dog.

If he cared about press/having his own team, he could've already done that by now.

20. don grahamleone

Which one is harder to look at because they're weird looking?
    [​IMG]