1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Durant leaves OKC Westbrook will be traded

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ranny, Jul 3, 2016.

1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

This sucks we have no assets, and we were built on collecting assets, how can we have none. We do have Ariza on a great contract, Capella, ??

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If this is the case, then he rockets should throw anything and everything (not Harden obvs) at at OKC for Westbrook

3. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Give them Beverly and Picks

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Yes, let the Purge begin.

5. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Screw it, OKC should just trade him to Goldan State.... Why not.....

6. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MOQdyc7jphQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So Presti will trade WB if he doesn't sign an extension this summer. Obviously WB won't so he's a goner. My guess is the Lakers.

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Genius idea. Morey never thought of that. It wasn't that we didn't have the assets, it was that we weren't willing to part with our "assets".

A team like Boston can offer one draft pick and nothing to go along with it and that would trump any offer we make that doesn't include Harden, and to be clear, they would offer much more than that.

If they are willing to part with him, I see Boston and Lakers as favourites. Sac town should try to pair him with Boogie, but don't know what OKC would want from them. Minnesota? Who else?

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Boston, LAL, Miami, or NY

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

This is basically a 1 year rental for Westbrook, so teams won't have to give up the farm to get him. But I think every team will want in on this one, so the final offer will still be quite high.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Man I hope WB stays. OKC has Vic, Kanter, Adams and a good young coach. Maybe try to get Griffin in 2017?

What other teams would offer him a better deal? Lakers? Heck no. Knicks? Heck no.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Westbrook can ask to come to Houston and agree to signing an extension. Morey can give up the farm to get him.

13. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Westbrook seems destined to sign for the Knicks next year.

Rose off the books then too, you upgrade from Rose to Westbrook.

Westbrook
    Lee
    Melo
    Porzingis
    Noah

Plus Lance Thomas, their 2017 1st round pick. They're really not that far from being a dominant Eastern Conference team with Westbrook. Plus he's just built for the bright lights of New York. He'd thrive in that environment.

14. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Unless that top 5 player says he's leaving next year and you most to get the most bang for your buck before you let him go for free

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Russ Westbrook: Out of the Shadows of (OKC and Durant)

[​IMG]

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Actually, I think Westbrook told Durant he is bolting OKC next year and so Durant went on to find a new home.

17. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Any change Westbrook wants to come to Houston to play with Harden next year assuming the Rockets have a pretty good 16/17 campaign.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If Westbrook doesn't resign, you trade him... but, if you can lock him down, you build around him.

19. Ranny

Ranny Member

If he leaves OKC now he will basically be a one year rental, this should mean that teams should/would not be willing to surrender their entire immediate future for a guy that will likely only stay one season. I dont think OKC will be able to get a young future superstar out of Westbrook, most teams will lowball them with OK but no great players + picks. For example, are the celtics really going to trade Thomas+Crowder+ picks for a one year rental? I dont think its a great idea, unless they get a commitment from Westbrook to resign most teams are going to throw very meh offers at them i think.

Given the circumstances a package of Beverley+Ariza+ Capela and a future first seems very reasonable, two good contracts, one young stud and a pick for a guy that is likely gone anyway seems like a very good haul to me. Maybe include the rights to a guy like Gentile or Llull. I think thats the best we can do, if its not good enough well so be it, we might get lucky in free agency next year.

20. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

That team would be insane.