1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aziz Ansari: Why Trump Makes Me Scared for My Family

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by joeson332, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Buck Turgidson

...while he was watching a video on his phone.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually they would be if Trump had his way. Which is what Aziz is saying. Aziz wouldn't even be allowed to be in this nation had Trump had his way. His parents are Islamic immigrants. They wouldn't be allowed into this nation.

So yes they would be both discriminated against, and in danger by being a part of the world with more problems and danger.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Repped - LOL

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

For being a dumbass? bc he's not trying to be funny. Hotballa has issues

1 person likes this.
  5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I ordered my low mien noodles without no sweet sour sauce and when I went to pick up my dress shirts the stains were still on it...

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

He said something, but judging by the asterisk count it wasn't melanzane or verkackte schwartze. You should see how he gets when you tell him angels aren't real.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I can see where Aziz is coming from on a personal level. I also agree with him that Trump is wrong to create the impression that the majority of Muslims in the USA is complicit with such crimes. I would even go as far as saying that Trump is a dangerous man, and that Aziz is not unrealistic that he fears unjustified repercussions for his parents if Trump came to power.

However, what would have made his text more balanced would have been a sentence or two to address the role of Islam as an ideology in causing these fears, and how much "connected tissue" there really is - how many Muslims think gay people deserve some kind of punishment (among other beliefs they hold)?

The "ban white males" argument seems one-sided to me, considering percentage of the population, etc.

I think I have seen Aziz once live in Hollywood, but I am not too familiar with him.

One question:

Does he have the balls to make fun of Islam and of Muslims?

Or does he make fun of everything else and when it comes to Muslims and Islam doesn't touch the topic and only raises it as "oh we are victims"?

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V9w_nRw6HG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Better to cut out meats altogether and eat sustainable insects for animal protein.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He looks like a miniature person in that clip.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Putting hotballa's response on his Yelp page.

1 person likes this.
  12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    I view Aziz Ansari as a passive-aggressive liberal who deep down is jealous of people taller than him and jealous of other people (non-Indians) in general. Just not a happy guy and has anger that's simmering just below the surface. He's this election cycle's Kal Penn.

For what it's worth, Hillary makes me scared for ALL of America's families. Forget about Mr Ansari's family -- how about looking broader than that? Don't be selfish -- Aziz had his President over the past 8 years, catering to his preferences. Didn't work out too well.

GOOD DAY

14. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

51% approval rating says otherwise ;)

Don't worry, Trader_Bear, when Hillary destroys the nuclear family, you'll have to find another troll angle.

15. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Two-thirds of the country, approximately 66%, believes America is on the wrong track. Don't make the amateurish mistake of confusing Obama's approval rating, which varies greatly depending on the poll, with America's satisfaction with his work. Obama's approval rating is boosted by his positive favorables, which is why he goes dancing on Ellen and slow jams the news with Fallon. Only the most gullible emotional voters are persuaded by this, but this does represent a sizable chunk of the Democratic party.

GOOD DAY

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Honestly, it first seemed like a p*rn parody. She says all of that but then starts sucking on schlongs. I've actually seen p*rn like this back in mid 2000s when they were in abundance as a paradox to 9-11.

17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I'm surprised he didn't mention Kanye.

18. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

If considering a president is an emotional reaction, how is "believing America is on the wrong track" not one too, Trader_Bear?

You're slipping. ;)

Show me how America is worse than it was 8 years ago. ;)

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Funny, the reason Trump makes me scared for my family is because it guarantees a Hillary presidency and makes it very likely that anti-liberty Democrats take the house and Senate so that they can stack the SCOTUS with anti-liberty Liberals. Trump has no chance of even coming a little bit close to winning, so the real fear should be about how bad the next 4 years of Hillary will be for the country.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think your post is proof of the rising xenophobia across the west, and figures like Trump tap into it and encourage it. This isn't about oppression, it's about fear and danger to safety. Folks like you are wrapping hate under the guise of not being PC, and it's a dangerous game as it's the same kind of thinking used by the Nazi party to gain control in the 1920's.

Just as example of how nationalism unleashes latent hate (from Britain):

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ise-in-u-k-after-brexit-campaign-labour-warns

If you think this is healthy and the way things should be going, then I have to say, it puts you in a different light. You aren't just a right-winger here, I then see you as an extremist in much the same way of an Islamic extremist, and view you as part of the problem.

History has shown that hateful angry rhetoric often leads to violence. I mean, isn't that what we're saying about Islamic extremism? And now you are excusing right-wing extremism who are in your area of political viewpoints. Do you not see that?

I can see a clash of civilizations coming.