1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Cameron: Britain's EU Referendum to be held June 23

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Feb 20, 2016.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Stop embarrassing yourself even further, beta intern.

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

lol. dawg, you're so butthurt about Cameron, I won't even bother addressing you :p

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't care about Cameron, and I'm not your "dawg", beta intern.

It's simply ridiculous how some dork like you gloats over something like this, tries desperately to insert himself into the conversation by saying you hold positions blablabla.

You will never achieve anything anywhere without a bit of humility.

Your desperate attempts to look smart on a basketball message board are nothing but pathetic.

This thread is about the Brexit. I live in this country. I know people who voted "out" (95 % of the people I know voted in), and everyone with a proper education strongly regrets the outcome of this vote. There has been a clear divide: Basically the uneducated fools voted for Brexit. Unfortunately, there are lots of uneducated fools.

All your blablabla about austerity, your imaginary positions you hold, Cameron, your pathetic gloating - shove it up your ass.

4. Major

Major Member

To be fair, this actually was a rejection of fear in some ways. It was certainly a vote in fear of immigrants and such. But a lot of the "stay" campaign was a fear of the unknown: don't leave because it may be ugly. We actually have no idea what the practical effects will be of this - there's a huge amount of uncertainty, but for all we know, 5 years from now, England will be better off. It certainly creates chaos in the short-term, but voters here were rejecting the idea that the EU is the best option of them and were willing to take the risk to step into the unknown.

It may ultimately be a stupid vote - it certainly is in the very short term - but it's not entirely one of fear. There a lot of parallels to Trump here. A lot of the people I know that are voting for Trump don't like him but are voting for him anyway with a "f*** it, the status quo sucks, so let's take a chance on something different" philosophy. They are basically throwing fear out the window.

5. Northside Storm

ATW--

Take some tea or something and meditate, I find it helps in periods of stress :)

6. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously I am not - I was already at a disadvantage - but a lot of my good friends are so we will see.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

8. Buck Turgidson

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="1qkCOrs"><a href="//imgur.com/1qkCOrs">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  9. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

10. Northside Storm

11. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

appreciate that, the filter did get me.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was a huge miscalculation, but he was under a lot of pressure from his own party. He wasn't in a strong position to begin with.

Problem is that austerity measures, not immigration is what hurt England. But instead of placing blame where it should be, as often the case, it's much easier to blame immigrants for taking jobs. Even though the reality is that this was not the case there as it's not the case anywhere.

This will be hard on the British and potentially hard on the world because of the instability it creates.

One thing is for sure, it will serve as a great example that free trade is not the primary reason for people feeling disenfranchised.

People fear the immigrant, when really they should be fearing the robot.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I could just see Palin naming one of heir offsprings "Brexit". She is just that odd.

14. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I'm glad national referendums aren't a thing in the US. They're bad enough at the state level but international economic and treaty level decisions by popular vote is just crazy.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This is the reason why the Fed isn't an elected position.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta admit, I have enjoyed the freak out.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

But Obama told them to vote to "remain". How can this be?

Surely this has to be some sort of mistake. Perhaps a recount is in order.

20. cml750

cml750 Member

This should be interesting. Given our economy is basically a house of cards right now I wonder how it will effect us over the next few years.