1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NSFW Ads

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Haymitch, May 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Clutch,

FYI we got some NSFW ads showing.

I think it was advertising the site "DH Gate" or something like that? Anyway it had a nude woman pictured.

Just sitting there in the space where the ads normally go in a thread, after the first post.

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I've got another one on Android that is pulling up the app/play store automatically for a game called "Game of War - Fire Age." SFW but tiresome... has been doing it every other page click for me.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

While using my phone, I've been getting those ads that open up the Google Play Store, too. Just switch to Clutchfans Mobile. It gets rid of ads, but I don't find the interface as informational as the default.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I keep getting engagement ring ads. I can't have my girlfriend look at my phone now!

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I keep getting ads for buying clown costumes and/or piñatas. Very annoying.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I keep getting ads for buying Aston Martins and/or Bugatii's. Very annoying. :eek:

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I got a rock

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I figured out what it was.

Wasn't a real NSFW ad I don't think; that site apparently sells leggings that look like skin. They probably sell tops like that too which is what I saw

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Whoa, TMI bro, this is not a pr0n site.

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I now have pop ups that expand and take up my entire screen (The new Straight Talk add just did this), and on mobile any time I click a thread I get sent to the Google Play store to download some games that are now advertisements here. This is seriously not good.

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

not to mention the ad that continually tries to download a malicious version of flash

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

All the Trump ads aren't safe for my work. There are going to be like zero Trump voters where I work. LOL.

13. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

I got several ads about penis reduction surgery for those who are excessively packing. At least they know their target audience.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

These ads are getting malicious. Browsing on the phone will spawn 5 pop-ups of the app store to install some crappy games. Only way to get around is to use ClutchFans mobile.

On the desktop, some ads will force the window to keep scrolled on the ad and not let you scroll to any part of the page.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

these cooking ads that are autoplaying are totally highjacking my browser. can't even scroll away from them.

Edit: those kitchen top ads

#15 fallenphoenix, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  16. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Second this. Autoplaying autoscrolling ads for BEST whatever. Those ads are irritating as hell. Had to refresh each time I got one of those just to read the page.