1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs fall to Spurs-- Rockets just 4 games back...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Feb 24, 2001.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Thought this might be a good break for the Rockets. The Mavs and Suns currently are tied for 6th, and now we are just 4 games back of both. We play the Mavs next weekend too. Very manageable deficit-- not just on the Twolves, but on the Suns and now Mavs too. Get ready playoffs-- we're coming...! [​IMG]

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!
    Teams win and lose games, not individuals.

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

2. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

I knew it Cat! party at Clutches! Awoooo! Rockets03 and Francis3 I'll pick you up in my parents wiinebago - be ready! awoooo! Clucth call Rocketspimp and ask him to set us up with some byatchees from Lake Travis.

------------------

3. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I was watching the game, and I was a Spurs fan TONIGHT. Mavs came close, but Spurs put em away, thank god.

The mavs next game is against the Clippers. Most would think an easy win, but I'm watchin them take it at the Blazers, so you never know. Mavs could easily lose against the Clipps.Then they have a game at Vancouver, which I doubt they'll lose. Their next 3 games are against the Rocks, at miami and at orlando. They could easily go 0-3 in that stretch, but after that they have a soft schedule with the clipps, nets, and warriors at home.

The Wolves next game is on the road at Indiana, followed by Cleveland, toronto, Sacramento,portland, phoenix, and San Antonio. All of these are tough games and they could easily lose, allowing the rockets to pass them.

The Suns next 10 of 12 games come against teams with records better than .500. They are the most likely to drop. Then again those bastards were supposed to lose at orlando, miami, and new york if God was a rockets fan.

One of these teams has to fall for the Rockets to get in. It's just a matter of who and when. Hell, even the Mavs might slip.

------------------

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited February 24, 2001).]

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I got my own ride, but thanx. [​IMG]

GO ROCKETS HERE WE COME

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

5. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

I'm serious bro. I live in Garden oaks. Email me well set It up. We'll travel to a Austin Rocketball - say the word. Maybe we'll get Jeff to be the designated driver -lol!

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited February 24, 2001).]

6. rock

rock Member

I'm glad you guys are as hyped up as I am...

------------------

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

We need to set up something rite here in Houston baby! I say March 17 we have a party rite here. Its a game against the freakin Spurs on a saturday.

------------------

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I saw that game last night. The Mavs looked really out of sync with Juwan Howard on the floor. Howard reminded me of Mo earlier in the year. He looked confused and lost a lot of the time with limited rebounding skills. Maybe when he gets used to the players around him and the Mavs system he will be a little more productive like Mo. But as of last night I think the Mavs played better with Howard on the bench.

------------------