1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROCKETS: 1 thru 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevierebel, Feb 24, 2001.

1. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Williams is over 30

------------------
    Stevierebel

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

No we must change. if you stand still the treadmill pulls you back, and stagnation in the NBA is what causes the other team to pass you up - this isn't always true, and it might not be true here. But if I was putting all my nickels in the basket, I'd say we have to improve one of the forward spots. I am not sure if shandon is the best for this team.

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

3. rock

rock Member

I agree Rocket River. All of those are good points. I hope Dream and Mo keep up the good work. They are huge reasons for our recent success. That shows we were lacking the frontcourt commitment. Now that they have come to play, we really need to fill the SF spot. I think we can be a little more open with trading bench players, but our backcourt is untouchable. Keep Shandon, Francis, and Mobley as well as Mo. He's finally getting the Clippers out of his head as Barkley would say.

Add Webber and we are in the Finals next year IF Mo and Shandon get decent contracts and Dream signs for less Dinero. I'm not a capologist, but I wish we could keep everyone. Wishful thinking? Maybe. But that would be a damn good team.

------------------

[This message has been edited by rock (edited February 24, 2001).]

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IF we continue to play as we have recently
    I have to . . .admitted We are pretty good

1 - Francis - one of the Top 3 PGs in the league
    2 - Cuttino - IMO a Top 10 SG maybe Top 5
    3 - Shandon - Top 15 SF . . Top 10 defensively
    4 - Mo - looking like he could be the
    5th best in the west
    5 - Hakeem - Definately Top 5 LEAGUE WIDE

Our bench is not all world but Not bad
    Cato, Walt, KT, Los, Mooch, Bullard, Langhi

Maybe we don't need as much a change as we think
    Maybe we should maintain for a few years

AGE CHECK other than Bull and Hakeem
    who is over 30?

Rocket River

------------------

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Cato has been good off the bench the last couple of nights. He looks agressive. He can just get into shape now and find his rythem with the rest of the team.

------------------