1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blowing smoke up......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Colby, Feb 24, 2001.

1. Colby

Colby Member

Is anyone else sick of all the smoke being blown up Jordan's a**. Most of the article's I have read are making Jordan out to be some genius GM. I feel that Dallas stole Howard from the Wiz.

My take on the deal and players:

CL - Free agent after this yr. We all know bout him. Basically this is a CL/Howard strait up. Advantage Dallas

Etan Thomas - hasn't broke the roster. Not needed at all now.

Cory Alexander - Lots of raw tallent, very raw. Word in Dallas: imature. Was great in college, but has no concept of team ball.

Hubert Davis - Guy plays hard and can shoot the 3. Mavs now upgraded at 2 as Finley slides, but will miss him.

Vaught - Not needed with Howard/Trent

Booth/Ekezie - Big bodies that Dallas needs.

The Contract - Thats alot for Howard, but Cuban doesn't care about the luxery tax and feels he won't need any other big FA for a while.

Dallas traded none of its core players for a good PF under contract. Dallas feels it now has a good core of players in its big 4. Also Bradly/Howard are the oldest players on that team at 28.

Let's see what Jordan does from here, but I don't feel he engineered shi*. If this is the brain of the man supposed to lure Fransic, then,

FRANCIS WILL NOT LEAVE FOR THE WIZ

Going to the game tonight to check out Howard first hand, let ya know what I see.

------------------
    "Chucky who? I thought we were talking about basketball?" Charles Barkley

[This message has been edited by Colby (edited February 24, 2001).]

2. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

Let me be the first to tell you Colby that this is.......

The Wrong Forum!!!!!

hey, this is fun [​IMG]

------------------
    Dream
    Rejects
    Every
    Attempt
    Made

3. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I disagree. Howard fits perfectly into the Dallas line-up, he doesn't have to be the first, second or even third scoring option. He can play three positions(Though he can only play center sporadically), he's not the greatest rebounder or defender, but he's better than Laettner, whom he replaces. Juwan Howard, while overpaid, is still a good player. Meanwhile, they got him for Alexander and Thomas, who have promise, but won't ever see the court in Dallas.

BTW - Thomas wasn't hurt, he just had a bad case of Notgoodenoughitis.

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

4. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

The point about him not having to be the man in Dallas doesn't matter, because he WAS NOT the man in Washington. I've actually watched the Wizards a few times this season, and he was not their go to guy. There is no go to guy on that team. So, if you think there will be no pressure on him because he's no the man anymore you are mistaken. I never said he wasn't a good player, he just won't improve the Mavs that much. The only benefit I see from it is making Michael Finley happy.

------------------

5. Colby

Colby Member

good comments, how long b/f this becomes frepostville.

I agree w/ Dream34, Francis is not leaving for the Wiz, b/c Jordan still sucks.

------------------
    "Chucky who? I thought we were talking about basketball?" Charles Barkley

6. kbm

kbm Member

Colby--if your comments were so close to Dream34's, why didn't you post in that thread?

------------------
    I am an invisible man.

7. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Colby how many games is dallas ahead of Houston? 4? 5? Dallas is not out of our range by a long shot, yet. Our boosters are on full throttle right now so as far as im concerned Howard and his little supporting cast of quack-quacks can land in oil contaminated pond.

Everybody knows a bunch of ducks cannot outrun a Rocket. Dallas....you have a problem.

------------------

8. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Even though this should be in the NBA dish I'll make a comment. I think the Wizards were the CLEAR winners here. What does Juwon bring? He doesnt significantly improve the Mavs, and if Cuban thinks he can defend the good 4's in the west he's crazy. The wiz on the other hand took the first step to elminating their unwanteds. Next up Rod Strickland. How embarassing is it gonna be for that guy when they pay him 5 million bucks this offseason, just because they don't like him so much they'd rather pay him not to play, than to play for them. They also got Etan Thomas , WHO IS INJURED. Thats the reason he hasn't played, and Alexander who I like.

------------------