1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard on Inside the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, May 10, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we just went through this in another thread. Dwight is estimated to have a 99% chance of making it into the Hall of Fame. Unless you don't think that counts for anything, he is in fact "close."

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Harsh. The guy doesn't suck, he just doesn't know his role. He thinks he's easily a number 2 option for this team, and he thinks he can play in the post. If he was willing to be more of a third option, take a little less and we were able to bring in a true 2 to Harden this team would be in good shape. Well, they would also need a coach and some defense, but one problem at a time.

3. SunsRocketsfan

dude.. those are the best interviews.. raw and unstructured. I don't want to see a scripted fake PR interview with easy soft ball questions. That's what makes Howard Stern one of the best interviewers ever.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The funny thing is that if Howard could just improve ONE aspect of his game, Ft shooting, it would make his numbers look a lot better.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He shoots 85% in practice. Sometimes its just a mental thing.

6. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

When did Charles Barkley say Dwight wouldn't make it? During the interview Dwight said Charles told him and his dad he wouldn't make it. I was curious if this was a big thing at the time, I can't seem to find it.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

If he can't speak with Morey, he definitely can't speak with Tad who's above Morey.

8. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Need to drop shade at ownership and morey, idiots blame the coaches. It was moreys decisions.

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I've heard that for years, one of 2 things, he's a mental midget in games or the 85% is bogus. I notice he got better by flexing his arm in his practice routine, he stopped and his free throws went back to being horrible.

He continues to use the same form getting the same results, a definitive definition of dumb and/or stubborn

10. Fantasma Negro

I use to hate Stephen A Smith and then I got used to him but this guy is a complete ass. He just says stuff in a very aggressive tone but there is absolutely no substance. Can someone please explain to me wtf he's talking about and why he's so angry.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yC7VskbzQbs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It's not bogus, it's just that everyone pretty much shoots free throws better in practice.

12. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Who in their right mind could watch this show on a regular basis?

All I heard was utter crap that Bayless and SAS pulled out of thin air. It's like they fart in a can and find ways to talk about it.

13. HookemHorns1250

Worst show on ESPN by far.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dwightmare part 3.

15. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Dwight was so much better than Shaq.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Then he needs to have a sports psychologist on call to talk about how he can overcome this mental block. It's been a decade and if he can't evolve his post game then at least get the freebies the opposition is handing him.

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Practice FT% is such a poor substitute for in-game situations

Unless you are limited to shooting 2 at a time, with at least a 15 second delay in between, and in the midst of at least an actual scrimmage, practice FT% means little.

Here's what actually happens. Get a guy to the line at the end of the day and let him shoot continuously with as minimal of a break as possible in between shots. He obviously develops a rhythm and the resultant % will be deceptively high.

NBA teams have to know this, yet this is the standard...

18. Fantasma Negro

People laugh at people when they talk about psychologist and psychiatrist but the game is so mental I think if more players saw sports psychologist and psychiatrist it would help their games a lot "cough" "cough" Terrence Jones

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Actually practicing free throws helps players who are struggling to get their shot back. As for as Dwight goes if he is shooting that high a percentage in practice then he can shoot, it's just lost in there mentally. Meaning he's nervous during games and he's not thinking about the same things. He needs to toughen up mentally.

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I think a lot of folks forgot how coaching can influence the spacing, setting, timing etc of plays. Surely Dwight hasn't been used as much as needed, surely he played terribly this year, but IMO it could have been much better if we had a decent coach.

My opinion on Dwight is mute. If he stays, ok, for a minimum I wouldn't mind trying it out again under a different coach.

If we get a coach that has no authority and doesn't know much about basketball, forget it. Better we start fresh, and I mean get rid of 70% of team.