1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better hope Thunder lose badly

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Apr 30, 2016.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't really buy the "big three surrounded by anyone" method of team building.

I prefer a team with 2 standout talents, and well rounded role players who fit each role. Or even one standout talent with well rounded role players who fit each role.

We have a lot of smaller questions, like where can we get an elite rebounding PF, or 3 point shooting SF, or defensive PG, etc etc. I think Clutchfans is too fixated on getting "that next guy". Once we got 3 stars, the concern would become "we could really use a #4".

2. Lightsnowaction

Want KD, but not Dwight. His decline and chemistry with Harden just keeps going south.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah let the Spurs beat the Thunder so bad Durant signs with San Antonio this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/s

4. ibm

ibm Member

team ball trumps iso ball. and defense wins championships.

tonight's arse whooping in san antonio proves that once again, and nothing more.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Durant is not a leader either, if we pay a guy with bad feet and poor leadership skills the max and expect to win without a good hard nosed coach - we will be back here for the next few years wondering what happened to their window of opportunity.

DD

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You know damn well that the only thing Les cares about is selling Super stars. Tickets went up 35% after we got Howard. Les love him $$$$

7. ibm

ibm Member

i have to admit, though,,, the more i watch kd lately, the less i want him to be here...

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Aldridge and Curry and maybe Lebron are the best leaders nowadays

They cannot do it alone and those are limited, not available at all

What can you do?

Durant is the next best thing....

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I seriously doubt that KD will consider our Houston Rockets. SAS thrashed OKC so badly in this game. I think he will try to pull a LMA, and join GSW if possible.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, but you need talent first.

SA isn't doing this without Kawhi or LMA.

11. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Insider here: They don't.

12. kevmon0

kevmon0 Member

lets just face it. odds of teams beating 2 teams that player go to for 1/10th of their potential pay is slim. Someone correct me didnt Kevin Martin go to the spurs for like 400k x.x ?

13. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

I have a feeling he my re-sign for a 1 year deal if that is possible and go into free agency together with WB, which means there could be more competition for the other free agents. :(

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

If KD knows what's good, he'll go to Charlotte and lead them to the finals next year.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hornets logo is one of the best IMHO.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

There was some speculation last year from folks in the media that he might do this. If it was guaranteed he wouldn't reinjure that foot or sustain any other injury, that would be the best move. He'd be eligible for more money next summer and he'd obviously have a much better idea what's up with OKC's roster and in particular with Westbrook.

But I have a feeling there's too much uncertainty with his foot that he's gonna wind up cashing in this offseason.

17. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Hornets will not be KD's destination of choice, nor are they a Durant away from being serious contenders.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My barber said he saw KD searching for homes on HAR.

It's in the bag brehs. We got him.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Which barbershop?

Which barber? Cedric the Entertainer or Ice Cube?

Minimum range: $1,000,000

Maximum range: (left blank)

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

TGF Haircutters in Copperfield. He's the largish guy who does his hair in a different funky way every day.

He does some IT work on the side and while cleaning out the latest pr0 n virus on KD's computer he caught a peak at his browsing history.

He was specifically looking at houses in Katy, because he thinks Katy sounds like KD.