1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Yeah I disagree. One World Heavyweight Championship is enough. The IC/US Titles need to be featured more and built up so when theres a logjam in the main event picture, guys can flow over to gunning for those titles.

Ideally I'd like the US/IC Title to be merged and for them to bring back possibly the cruiserweight title which it looks like they may be doing.

World Title- Roman, Rollins, Cena, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Orton, Brock, Jericho Ambrose, Wyatt being the Main Event Tier gunning for the title. Cesaro, Samoa Joe, and Nakamura can eventually be slotted in the running as well.

IC - Zayn, Crews, Ziggler, Cesaro, Ryder, Miz, Corbin, Ryback rounding out the midcard

Tag Champs - Enzo/Cass are this generations New Age Outlaws and should get the titles eventually and be the marquee faces of the tag division with rivals being the Wyatt Family, New Day, Usos, Dudleys, Primo/Epico, Bullet Club members

Cruiserweight - Something for the smaller guys to gun for. Hideo Itami, Kalisto, Neville, Sin Cara, Xavier Woods

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

The Balor/Crews NXT title match was great though. Crews is basically John Cena II with more offense and athleticism. He's just $$$

And I still have Breeze love. They could do more with him but he's pretty much the same jobber that he was in NXT. That said he is great in the ring and has shown it on TakeOver's (Liger, #1 contenders matches, etc)

He's one hundred percent into his character and he was a big favorite in the NXT lockerroom. He's probably got a job forever either on WWE or NXT TV, the benefits of winning over HHH with your work.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly I think WWE has enough titles. One world title is fine.

But...I think it may be time for them to consider another title for the women. They are doing an amazing job with their women's division and will have more coming up...and all for one title?

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Having 2 mid card titles is completely unnecessary. They need to drop the US title, and promote the IC title like it really means something like it did back in the day.

The company went for years with only 2 individual belts, there's no need for more. It just goes to show how lazy and stupid the bookers are now. They shouldn't need belts for good feuds. If they insist on a 3rd belt, it should be a specialty belt like Light Heavyweight, or Hardcore.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If we're in a world where the company wants Reigns and Miz to hold the two highest titles, then yeah we need more titles. The cruiserweight division was WCW's shining star just like the X division for TNA and it's a shame they killed that and almost relegated the US title to that tier.

I have no idea what New Japan's NEVER title is about, but I have no problem with how many titles they have over there.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Part of the problem is that there's no differentiation from the US title and the IC title, other than the kayfabe tiers of wrestlers vying for it. The idea of a tag tournament was great because they could've tied up some of these upper midcarders and gotten them out of the main title picture akin to Rock n Sock Connection or Team Hell No. But they didn't and the tag division goes New Day, Enzo & Cass, then jobber city. It's a shame Cesaro and Kidd went down so early because that feud could've been great. They both stole the show at extreme Rules and was their stepping out show.

The only reason the US title was elevated was because Cena had it, but really we knew he could compete for the heavyweight title (and when Rollins was champ, win it) whenever he chose to do so.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Right? They are able to still make it as engaging and competitive. Hmmmm I wonder why Vince??? Is it the writing?? Yep, it's the writing. Or, Get rid of Vince and you'll see a new direction. Get rid of Michael Cole and company. I would bring in Kevin Kelly and the boys from ROH to do the English Commentary for Raw.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

The shows and new direction on both Raw & SD the last two weeks since Mania have been every bit as good as NJPW shows as of late.

I'm glad they waited until after WM to really start the mega pushes of Styles & Zayn. With Rollins out until probably August. Possibly Lesnar too. And who knows what Cena is doing. It's going to be Styles, Zayn, Owens & Cesaro having huge summers in main event matches.

They've built up Enzo & Cas, Vaudevillains & Gallows & Anderson just right so far and breathed new life into a division that New Day has pretty much beaten everyone 10x now. Usos, Luchas, Dudleys, etc Still good teams too watch though.

Women's division feels important, the title is great and that triple threat match at Mania, was my favorite match of WM re watching it. If not the best WWE women's match of all time. I know the best NXT talent is roster ready w/ Bayley and Asuka and I think once some of the newer NXT signings develop a character and get more recognition on TV, they get brought up.

Crews & Corbin look like strong mid-card secondary title contenders.

Payback is looking like PPV of the year so far on paper

Styles/Reigns
    Zayn/Owens
    Enzo & Cas?/New Day
    Natalya/Charlotte
    Jericho/Ambrose
    Cesaro/Miz
    Usos/Anderson & Gallows

kickoff show
    Evil Emma/Becky
    US Title

My WWE bullet club would be Styles, Cesaro, Anderson & Gallows all with gold and Evil Emma always getting DQ'ed

9. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Big Rumors for tomorrow..

Finn Balor debut and HHH attacking Shane

10. VanityHalfBlack

I'm not much of a tag teams bout kinda person but Dud boyz vs Enzo/Cass is becoming a storied match up of the year, YEAR!!!

11. VanityHalfBlack

They're giving us what we want. That's a good sign from Vince. I think? U.K crowd gets rowdy. Way better than what happened in L.A

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It would be amazing if Finn Balor made his debut tonight.

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I doubt it, he's scheduled for an NXT show tmrw in Rhode Island

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Vaudevillains vs. Enzo and Cass

Those two teams went at it at Road Block IIRC. Amazing match. Best tag team match of the year so far.

15. VanityHalfBlack

Too early in my opinion. He needs to lose his title to Nakamura first. Unless he can juggle both NXT and Raw at the same time. That would be cool though if NXT becomes its own stable and replace Smackdown with NXT?

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Styles, Anderson & Gallows either the new version of the Authority or Bullet Club is coming

17. buffalobills!!!

I think they cost them the match at Payback

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

E&C fought Dash and Dawson at Road Block. Vaudevillains won the tag titles in the brooklyn special then sorta fell off the radar as faces. They have more ability than Ascension but it still felt early for them to get called up. Not while American Alpha is burning a hole in their pocket.

I was dumbfounded thinking they had the guts to turn AJ heel after the beatdown expecting some huge grin to pop on his face. Partly because something cool usually happens in the London show and partly because it'd a desperate attempt to get the crowd on Roman's side.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I'm not sure if this is even a heel AJ or what... Even the way Anderson talked in that first promo it was almost a baby face promo. The only thing that makes them heels RN is they attacked the usos but that won't get them much heat, attacking roman essentially makes them cooler to the fans so I really am perplexed.

Not to mention Romans promo in ring was about as heel as he is gonna get it, I mean he just crapped on the "new era" and said this is the era of the Roman empire and WE are here to stay. So who is we?

What I have loved most about these last three raws is the show isn't as formulated as it has been, there is a certain unpredictably to each episode that has been missing since the attitude era and I think they are doing their best to get that back.

20. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Well looks like I was trolled by the FalconArrow fake on twitter, my bad guys.

I still think Finn debuts sooner rather than later, I would like to see something like Anderson/Gallows attacks both AJ and Roman at Payback and Finn is revealed to be behind it setting up a potential AJ/Finn match at Summerslam.