1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we make the playoffs, does anyone else feel like we could surprise a few people against the Warri

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Apr 11, 2016.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Glad you see it my way :)

2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Not really. But hell, that's why I watch basketball. Can't give up before the opening bell. I'd be happy to be one of the people surprised.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dwight was a horrible defender inside last night. Will he change that in the PlayOffs against the Warriors if the Rox make it?

4. basketballholic

These Warriors ain't the 2007 Mavs.

And we for ain't the 2007 Warriors.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We'll surprise a few people by showing how bad we really are

6. Lando

Lando Member

Anything's possible, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Rockets can keep up with their starters, they've proven it, they usually run us out when Livingston and crew comes in. They need to put KJ on Livingston so he doesn't score those easy turn around jumpers.

8. chandlerbang21

That rockets bench has been garbage causing Harden and Ariza to play major minutes. Against GSW the bench is gonna get wrecked

9. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

In the Post Season everyone starts 0-0 so yeah anything can happen and I do feel the Rockets have a shot especially with an uninjured team. In last seasons playoffs we had no Beverley or depth at the PF spot with DMo and Beasley whos been a gem for us. Clint Capela has very much improved.

Game 1
    HOU 106
    GSW 110

A game we very much could've stole a victory on and deflated the Warriors on their home court. No big ridiculous blowout there and we had Oldies Terry and Pablo Prigioni trying to keep up with Curry.

Game 2
    HOU 98
    GSW 99

A one point loss that we let slip away. Warriors were very lucky that Harden lost control of the ball.

So last year in the playoffs it was definitely a possibility that Warriors would've been down 0-2 in two painfully close games going to Houston which would've changed the series dramatically and put momentum in our favor.

We have Beverley, we have Dmo and they are both playing relatively well. People can say it didnt matter and we would've gotten whooped anyway but they were both sorely missed. And even in the regular season, our losses versus the Warriors were against a team with Ty Lawson busted ass playing starting point guard and Terrence Jones stinking up the joint.

Totally different team and we have a chance to get it together and pull off an upset and get revenge for last year.

10. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

First round: Rockets vs. JB & Brewer

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think we'll surprise people.

Most people have never seen a series with an average margin of victory of 40.

Maybe we can set another turnovers record? ISO-ball for the win!

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Exactly, no Jason Terry this series, we need defenders to keep us in the game when Harden goes to the bench.

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Thank you for reminding people how close this was. Does JB Jr. wakeup and stop throwing out Terry and Brewer when they aren't contributing. Goudelock and KJ are waiting for their chance.

14. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Sportswriters will predict a sweep, we will shock the world by taking a game.

15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If in the offseason we do not land someone of Durants caliber or if the pick we could have had turns into something valuable. YES! Chances of beating this warriors team are extremely low. Winning it all is what matters. If sacrificing a season means we'll be the best team in the NBA next season so be it.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Dwight will have his hands full with Bogut. He is a diff type of center that just stands in certain places for the ball. D-Mo is a huge key, he needs to really make sure nobody walks in easily. Dwight will gamble and you get Bogut sitting /open everytime.

18. lalala902102001

LOL we got a chance ... ESPN's genius basketball power index gives us 3%.

Seriously if we can win a game I would call the series a success.

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I wouldn't even bet $10 on it.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Their role players are going to kill us. They execute, play within themselves, and don't make bad mistakes.....something our role players have never learned how to do all season long. I'd love to be surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.