1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ha we said the same thing ;)

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Obviously because it wasn't as stylish and funny as John Wick. Duh.

Bone Tomahawk 8/10

That one death scene was brutal.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Overseas flight so caught up on a few movies:

The Martian: 9/10. Read the book and this held up well.

Ant-Man: 8/10. Good story, entertaining

Mad Max: Fury Road: 8/10. Didn't love it but it was pretty good. Blows my mind that this was even a consideration for Best Picture, though.

Black Mass: 8.5/10. Depp nailed that performance.

4. 713

713 Member

I don't think you can really enjoy Mad Max on an airplane screen or a laptop/ipad. The movie was made to be watch in theaters or a theater like home system.

Steve Jobs 7/10
    Better then the Kutcher movie but there was no real climax or struggle. Felt like watching a documentary with dialogue and reenactments.

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I wonder what you thought of the phantom menace then.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Snowtown (2011 I think)

Easily one of the toughest movies I've ever endured. It's about a serial killer in Australia and his crime ring. The movie starts out with a set of boys being sexually abused and then you see one of the two boys getting raped by a friend. Hopefully I've made it easier to watch by you knowing this before you go in. It's also based on a true story.

Very tough watch, but really well done. You'll likely hate almost every character in the piece, but I promise it's worth it because the performances are unbelievable.

Something good/10 - it's hard to rate something so against your every belief, but if you don't mind a really rough story because it's a true crime story, it's worth a try.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

San Andreas: 6/10

Why Mr. Fantastic took this role is mystifying, as he is nothing but a dick in it. But if you cut him out of the movie, it's a decent disaster flick. Rock is charismatic and allows a little inner emotion to seep out in his performance, and then of course delivers in his typical role. Think most people will miss that. But Rock has come a long way. A little too much disaster and inconceivable bad luck, for sure, and some poor dialogue most of the time, but overall if you know what you are getting in this movie it's a decent disaster flick.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

8/10. Pretty much what you would expect, a solid action spy movie.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Kung Fu Panda 3 - 7/10

Enjoyed it. Much better than any animation that came out in 2015--at least the ones I saw. Good story, and cool fights. Much better than the second one, which was a disappointment with the exception of the canon dodgeball scene. This one is probably almost on par with the first.

However the one thing I can't take is the stupid "everybody loves kung fu fight-tttiiiiing!" song. It wasn't even really that good to begin with, but putting it in the first movie was fine... but playing it over and over again? I dunno, maybe it was good back in the 70s, but it's been over 40 years and the world needs to forget that song. It was a big pile of schitte that ruined the ending for me. Sorry, not everybody loves kung fu fighting, but everybody loves for this song to stop.

All in all, I hope they make a franchise out of this and not stop at a trilogy. We can trust Black Jack to not ruin the franchise ya?

10. omgTHEpotential

"Houston Rockets 2015-16"

10/10 - great comedy, it has some absurd moments, as well as some dramatic ones. Think "Hangover" meets "Platoon".

1 person likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

One of the best Greek Tragedy series out there. However none of the main characters are likable.

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Straight outta Compton-9.5/10

Sicario-9.5/10

13. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Jurassic World - 8/10
    Noah - 6/10
    James Bond - Spectre - 7/10

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Burnt - 6.5/10. Was hoping for a little more but it wasn't bad. Just felt like it was missing something in terms of tension

Room - 8/10. Good and interesting movie. I don't know how the actress won an academy. I honestly felt like her performance was the weakest aspects of the movie. It would probably have a higher score had I not known she won because the entire time all I could think was " she won for this ?"

Dead pool -10/10. great fun. truly awesome.

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

10 cloverfield lane - 8.5/10 good film, a bit confusing, not sure it actually ties into original cloverfield. Twist at end kind of made movie less enjoyable for me. Still a good movie

16. Landryman14

Landryman14 Member

Straight Outta Compton- 8.5/10 Perfect casting, and you feel so invested throughout the movie

The Room- 9/10 Easy to see how Brie Larson won best actress, very good movie.

Crimson Peak- 6/10 Not Guillermo Del Toro's best work, but worth watching if it play on FX on Sunday afternoon

Bridge of Spies- 8.5/10 Great storytelling

17. conquistador#11

"Me, earl and the dying girl" 7.94/10

First 15 minutes, I keep asking myself what am I doing viewing this film? Does this breh even have the internets? But as the story unfolds, it truly captures you.

18. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

10 Cloverfield Ln

So I didn't hear anything about this movie and when I saw the title I was like, Oh it's a sequel to the 2008 Cloverfield movie, naw, it's just gonna be bigger and louder no thanks. Than my wife was like "wait, I saw the trailer and it looks like a mystery" so I read the synopsis and was like "oh maybe it's just a movie with Cloverfield in the title but has nothing to do with the 2008 movie"

So I went and saw it, so glad I did. Nervous tension throughout the entire movie. I usually fall asleep watching movies around 1030 but I stayed wide awake then entire time until the movie ended around midnight. Everytime my eyes wanted to shut something happened that got me back on the edge of my seat.

9/10, amazing performance by John Goodman.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane for the 2nd time, and might see it a 3rd. Could be one of my favorites in years.

9.5/10

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Macbeth (2015)

Justin Kurzel delivers an excellent adaptation of the Scottish play. Visuals are top notch throughout.

Michael Fassbender & Marion Cotillard are just perfect in each role.

It keep the plays language with minimal cuts so probably just for purist or old English Majors like myself, I could tell my wife was zoning out various times because of the dialogue.

A