1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict: 5-8 spot in the West

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I fixed it for you ;)

#41 Os Trigonum, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Well played, Trig. Well played. :cool:

3. RoxD

RoxD Member

This.

4. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Rockets have 1 more win, though could be 3-2 on this road trip after tonight.
    Mavericks already 3 more losses than you predicted.
    Blazers 1 more loss.
    Jazz & Grizzlies W-L on track with what you predicted.

So far, so good!

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I know this was made a week ago,

It's 6-8 that up for grabs with the 4 teams listed. One of them, Utah will not make the cut. Memphis is solid at 5.

Rockets will be 6 seed by Sunday morning, but will probably finish 7th

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Looks like we are making the playoffs, unless we have an epic collapse at the end (which is not impossible--see 2011-12 season). The Jazz most likely aren't going to catch up.

The 6-8 seeds are a dogfight between Portland, Houston, and Dallas. The Mavs are shaky. I think they will end up #8. The Rockets are the most unpredictable team. They can be Jekyll or can be Hyde. Portland isn't doing very well lately, but look to be the most solid team among the three.

So either
    Portland
    Houston
    Dallas

or
    Houston
    Portland
    Dallas

The 6th seed is huge because the drop off between #2 and #3 is big. GS and SA aren't going to lose in the first round.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

6th seed or bust so history can repeat.

DD

1 person likes this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Dallas is dead in the water, lost to Kings, lost to Nuggets, lost to Clippers, and lost to Pistons. They have a winnable game that they absolutely must have against Indy though it's no cakewalk. After they play POR 2x, GSW 2x, at Cleveland, at Charlotte. I could see Mavs being 9th in a week.

9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I made a bet with a friend who's a mavs fan....$50 for which ever team is seeded higher and $50 for whichever one goes further in the playoffs. We made this bet last offseason and it seemed like a complete one sided bet at the time. I was about ready to punch a hole in my TV earlier this season. Can't believe it's this close but hoping I'll still be up $100 so I don't have to hear it from all the mavs fans here in Dallas.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

Memphis has a negative point differential. It's easy to see them collapse especially now without Conley

11. cdrive

Conley Achilles tendinitis - out 3 weeks
    Birdman out for a long while it looks
    Wright - done
    Gasol - done
    Chalmers, torn Achilles , done and waived.

Terrible injury bug in Memphis. They'll sink quickly.

Agreed with Realist: Mavs recently damaged the hell outa themselves with losses to Kings, Pistons, Nuggets. Everyone in this scrap needs to take care of business on the games that are supposed to be won. They blew it. We can hop them too.

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

6 and upset OKC.

Get Durant + Thibs

Win Title next year

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

JBB finally has a set rotation. Rockets will end up at 5 due to Conley's injury

14. eslate22

eslate22 Member

rather be 6 than 5... we matchup much better with thunder than clippers... plus it's a very slim possibility that we upset Spurs in 2nd round... we would have 0 shot against GS

15. cdrive

Couldn't agree more. Even if the Clippers hop OKC, we need Spurs in the event of a 2nd round, not the Dubs. Let the Dubs get as much wear as possible.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Well The Mavs just lost again.

The age is starting to catch up to most of their players old legs.

I think Portland is really overated by alot of people. They went on a nice run to get back into the playoff picture but let's be real out of all the teams seeded 5-9 Houston has the best roster and the best player. No reason we shouldn't be 6th seed and with all the injuries it's possible to arch Memphis which would be crazy seeing as this team was under 2 games under .500 to start March.

How crazy would it be if we got to the western conference finals against Golden State for a the second straight year? That would be awesome and shut stupid ESPN up.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Rockets
    Blazers
    Grizzlies
    Jazz.

I think the Grizz are in trouble, without Conley for a month. Mavs just keep losing. I think the Jazz might uptick and just edge out the Mavs for that 8th spot, when all's said and done.

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Something has to slow them down right? I mean, they've had so many injuries and still just grit out a great winning percentage. Joerger and that team deserves a lot of credit. I watched them go into Cleveland and win without Gasol, Randolph, Conley, Barnes, and Birdman.

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Alright, I'm right on track with the Rockets record, Mavericks free falling and Grizzlies are going to fall too with Conley out now. Question is, 6th or 7th? 5th is just not going to happen.

20. Misa

Misa Member

can anyone explain me why 5th seed is not possible? the gap is just 6 games i think is possible