1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans vs. Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Maynard

Maynard Member

I think instead of using the run to set up the pass, we should be using the pass to set up the run. The pass is our best weapon on offense, so pass on 1st down every time, then bust out the run play once ya got them thinking pass all the time..

but it all rests on that question someone poised earlier;

was the first 6 quarters the fluke
    or was the last 2 quarters the fluke?

2. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I agree wholeheartedly. We have so many receiving threats (Gaffney, Johnson, Bradford, Miller) that we should be a pass-oriented team and let Mack work from there (Oakland Raiders, anyone?)

As for the "fluke": I believe we have the true Texans lying somewhere in the middle of these 2 extremes. We were shown glimpses of what they are capable of doing when performing at 110%, and shown clips of last year. We are, after all, only a second year team. We won't be consistently that good or that bad until at least next year. It'll be up and down all year, I think. That said, 4-12 is still a low record, and we should be hitting 6 wins hopefully!

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Hey guys,
    I was listening to 740 earlier...and they had a guy reporting from NO after the game.
    He reported that Payne told him that the preliminary diagnosis was a torn ACL.
    Has anyone else heard anything about this?
    and if true, how is this going to effect the Texans?

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

ok, I went and checked...here is the deal.

that is straight from Dom after the game..

now, are we screwed now?
    What do yall think?

5. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Noooooooo! We can't be without those two. CRAP! Payne was tearin it up so far this year.:( Walker HAS to come back now.

6. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Oh yeah....Matt Stevens, you are worthless....What a juke Carr had today, what a stud! That was one of the sickest moves I've ever seen.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Casserly just confirmed on the Texans show on 13.

Seth Payne is out for the rest of the year....

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That's a big blow.

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Does anybody think the NFL cometition committee will go for a one week regular season?

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

9-11-03

4:14PM

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I stand to be corrected, the Miami game WAS A FLUKE! However, if they beat the Chiefs, I will reevaluate.

12. Maynard

Maynard Member

Lewis' record rushing day might be in jeopardy next Sunday..

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Matt Stevens Sux...

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i don't know...they played well in the first 2 quarters against New Orleans.

so far we have 6 quarters of pretty good football...they're "winning" through the first 6 quarters of the season. The last 2, they got murdered.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If Andre Johnson doesn't drop that pass that was right in his hands on that 3rd and 13 from around mid field, this is a totally different ball game. The score was 14-10 New Orleans at the time and the Texans were driving. It totally changed the game around.

All you guys complaining about David Carr getting hit after New Orleans was up by two scores need to chill. Its easy to blitz and get to the quarterback when you know your opponent is passing.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

exactly...the whole tone of the game changed at that point...that's why a lead in the NFL can snowball so quickly. the defense knows what's coming...i thought the texans did as good a job as possible by throwing some draw plays at them in that regard.

17. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I agree about the AJ dropped pass chaging the whole game. I couldn't believe he dropped that pass (looking for a hit that wasn't coming, IMO). This guy maybe a stud, but he's still a rookie and will make rookie mistakes. Growing pains, we'll just have to live through them with AJ and David Carr and .... well, shoot, the whole Texans team.

18. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, let's see. I'm up by two scores late in a game what would I do?

Blitz the opposition just like I do on my PS2 NFL Blitz...

Duh.

Stop whining guys. Any team goes into super aggressive mode when they're up big late in a game.

We shall regroup.;)