1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

2. VanityHalfBlack

Hshahahahsha. Oh what a shocker

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, no one saw that coming.

...man they didn't even need to have this ppv.

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

They really didn't. That was boring.

Was holding out hope they'd maybe have Ambrose win.

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Talk about Garbage.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

That was such an awful PPV that they had R-Truth vs Axel...right before the main event. Like, the US championship match was pushed to pre-show for that? Come on.

The ending was terrible. No Wyatt interference on Lesnar, and Reigns takes about 10 chair shots and then no-sells a Spear on Ambrose. I'm calling it right now - the main event at Wrestlemania might be the worst match on the card.

They have about 4 Raws to build up Taker's opponent. I doubt it's 2-5. Angle would be interesting; they could easily have Angle perform rest holds the majority of the match to keep Taker somewhat fresh for X minutes.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You mean the former egg ball player of the Minnesota Vikings? Former team captain along with Calvin Johnson?

8. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Boooooooo. It was funny after he won they were trying to get a shot of the crowd but literally everyone was booing.

Styles/Jericho was awesome, surprised Y2J kicked out of the Styles Clash.

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Not only did they screw over the main event for mania, they further buried Ambrose if he ends up feuding with Lesnar for mania. He looked so ineffective against Lesnar, and everything he did except those chairshots Lesnar just laughed off.

But the New Day official face turn? I'm scared WWE ruins New Day if they try to control the face angles for them.

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Shutup. That main event was beautiful and could easily be the match of the year. Everyone shined in that match even Reigns as he did at Fastlane last year vs Bryan, WM vs Lesnar, HIAC vs Wyatt

Sure Rollins dominated the year but Reigns was def #2 in putting on a great main event & he's working against the best guy in the business at putting together a match.

Enough with the whiny ****. Reigns has earned the spot. There's many big men in WWE/F/WCW/ECW history that have had far greater success than Reigns with a 1/4 of his in-ring talent and athleticism. Sure he sucks at promos but HHH does not.

This match solidifies Dean Ambrose as a main eventer. Holy ****. There is a heel turn coming but first I think there is a pissed off Brock Lesnar at WM.

First top five of the year:

1. Reigns/Lesnar/Ambrose
    2. Ambrose/Owens (RR)
    3. Balor/Crews (NXT TV)
    4. Styles/Jericho III
    5. Jericho/Styles II

1 person likes this.
  11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

He did not look ineffective at all against Lesnar he took five suplexes, F5's and was laughing and smiling and that was before he slapped Lesnar and took numerous strikes and more suplexes, he still put him through two tables, and gave him six chair shots too put him out of the match for the third and final time. The Reigns/Ambrose brawl was great thought for sure he had him with the deeds. This was the most important match in Ambrose's career. He is over for good now.

Do you even watch Raw or SD. New Day can be a face one week or a heel the next. It doesn't matter. There over w/ the fans either way.

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Reigns/Lesnar/Ambrose tops Rollins/CENA/Lesnar (RR) which was my fave match last year with the WM main event #2

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I liked the show... The outcomes were predictable but I mean that doesn't mean they aren't the right moves.

Ambrose is going to get his shot but the main event of WM usually is a feud that has been building for months... Like what is the story between Triple H and Ambrose?

HHH and Roman have a clear feud that They have been building for months and it is the only lasting storyline in the entire company right now!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if they were just counting on the shield triple threat this year.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, this is a message board and i'm allowed to have my opinion.

The match wasn't that great, match of the year? It's going to be a bad year for wrestling if that's a nominee.

The whole PPV felt like filler to WM in where nothing really major happened...then for some reason the Wyatts lost once again in a big match. I'm not sure why they keep telling us to fear them.

If you think my opinion on it is radical then you are going to have to explain why...

#CancelWWENetwork trended last night.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Don't pay attention to him, he never thinks the E does anything wrong. I really wish I could have the blind love of mediocrity he does, this Rockets season would be much more tolerable.

The fact is, if you aren't a big fan of Reigns, and most aren't, there isn't much to see. Literally everybody else is on a mediocrity treadmill. Lose a match, win a match. Ambrose has gotten some momentum here recently, but he came out of that match looking like a chump who has no business against those 2. Reigns no sold everything he did, and Lesnar was laughing at him for most of the match.

They just need to give somebody, anybody, a good extended push with a payoff. Since DB won the title at mania it's been all Roman everything, f**k everybody else. Hell they even inexplicably put the belt on freaking Sheamus instead of somebody fresh because Sheamus was just insufferable enough that fans might actually cheer Roman.

16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I actually thought the PPV was better than expected, as much as I love #socialoutcast, the Kalisto/Del Rio match should've been part of the card instead. IC match was great, AJ/Jericho was as good as advertised, even the Divas matches were watchable. I was surprised as hell that Wyatts jobbed, I honestly thought the ending was botched and Ryback injured Harper, but nothing has been reported yet. We knew the ending of the main event but they did good enough job to make it believable that any of the 3 would win it.

That suplex Lesnar did to both at the same time was definitely a holy ***** moment

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

They are going to have to do something for Mania cuz that Main Event will be horrible if its only Roman vs HHH. The boos that will reign down will be epic.

They just need to do a Fatal 4 Way with Roman/Ambrose/Lesnar/HHH and then put the strap back on Brock. They can give Roman the title at Summerslam or something, but not Mania...

18. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Didn't watch Fastlane because of the foregone conclusion that Roman would win. HHH vs. Roman is not a sexy main event at all for the biggest Mania of all time and trying to pack Cowboy Stadium.

Roman desperately needs to go heel. The Rock should be in his corner at Mania and when Roman predictably wins, Triple H should shake his hand out of respect, then they both proceed to put the boots to The Rock and annihilate him. Roman is heel, the boos that will come roaring down will make absolute sense.

19. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

I thought it was a good PPV. The outcomes were understandable from a story telling perspective... EXCEPT for the Wyatt match. Can anyone give me a logical reason for the Wyatts to lose??? You have an extremely charismatic front man leading a bunch of hillbilly hosses who should be wrecking the world. Instead, they are jobbing out to a couple of 50 year olds and Ryback.

Now, they don't have the slightest bit of momentum heading down the stretch to WM.