1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bickerstaff lineups, rotations and minutes are horriable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

For real it's like people don't watch the game. Harden could get a trip double and people will still blame him of being lazy if we don't win, but everyone seems to just ignore JB or acts like he should keep getting chances. I haven't been on here this much cause it's like every ignores what's right in from of them.

My roommates are Spurs and mavs fans and we non stop talk ****, but even they tell me while we watch games that JB is the worst coach they've ever seen on a basketball court.

The most classic line recently has been "why is Brewer at PF" and "wheres josh smith"

If average fans can point out the horrible coaching then idk why people on this board continue to blame nothing but the players

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

cant get a real coach cuz real coaches cost money. oh wait, we paid mchale 12 million dollars. n/m

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

People used to complain because McHale would play the same rotation game after game. Now we have JB with no set rotation. People still unhappy. ClutchFans won't be happy with any rotation until we start winning again. Actually, ClutchFans won't be happy then either.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

So now we all lose. ****.

5. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Despite the OP's misspelling of 'horrible' I agree with him. Two major things our famous coach Rudy T did were he would stick with players who were hot and if would run plays repeatedly until the opposition could stop it. JB seems to fail with both of those fairly obvious actions. Additionally we often turn bad offenses and bad offensive players into all-stars and that is on the coach too. I thought we should have kept Mchale on longer but JB has actually turned out to be far worse in a lot of ways.

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He's a ****ing terrible coach. So much worse than Mchale. He has cost Houston at least 6 games with his awful rotations and inability to draw up plays after TOs. The great news is we only have 29 games left to deal with him

7. nnayak

nnayak Member

Remember Harden abusing Portland in OT in the post? Two games against Portland and we ran it once. That sums up JB

8. nono

nono Member

With the salary cap, NBA teams are guaranteed to make a profit. Hence you have lots of complacent owners who really don't care that much about winning but still have a guaranteed cash cow in an NBA team. What else can explain Les' mind boggling decision to appoint Bickerstaff as coach ? The NBA is a joke. I will no longer "support" the Houston Rockets. I will follow the games, but will not buy League Pass. Will not buy any jerseys any more either. It was ridiculous for me to spend so much time and energy on what is essentially a for profit corporation. McDonald's doesn't have "fans". Neither should the Rockets.

9. theREALDEALkid

This is the exact problem yet we're blaming Dwight? Let that man finish the year at least, and tell your Coach to play the BEST players TOGETHER.

TERRIBLE A** LINEUPS.

10. windpuppy

windpuppy Member

You know the worst part is, in twin towers Capella is being played out of position, and in small ball Brewer is being played out of position.

This is the sickening part. JB has no clue/confidence/consistency in what he is doing. It showcased his incompetency.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Yep his rotations and minute allotment suck...

harrell is always +points when he's on the floor - yet can't get any consistent minutes - even in games where he's virttually the only guy with positive points when he's on the floor..???

Thornton gets 0 mins one night and 30 on another...

Terry could start - or he could get a DNP...

Brewer seems to get his minutes - no matter how much he's suckin ass...

Ty can play like crap and he stays in - or on the rare occassion he gets hot he gets pulled...

I see no correlation between good play and minutes... the only thing I can speculate is that players are ignoring JB so he plays the guys that do what he says - even if it has poor results...

I think JB is an idiot... but who knows what's happening behind the scenes... I can't believe the #4 guy in FG% ALL TIME (and having his best % of his career this year) gets less than 9 shots a game?!?! I gotta wonder if guys are just ignoring him...

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

The weirdest part if Josh his minutes. I don't like the guy, he jacks up the worst shots of anyone besides Harden, and makes the dumbest TOs besides Harden too, but he's the best PF we got!

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Thank God you are not the coach when we played with Clippers in last playoffs.

If you are playing 0 minutes, nobody can play well.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

WOW. This is the first day you know Josh Smith will jack up shots?

If you gave up him because of his bricking, Rockets wouldn't have beat Clippers in game 6.

Nobody in this team can create shots except Josh Smith and Harden!!!

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

we're going nowhere if our front office keeps everyone on coaching staff.. everyone needs to go, a complete revamp.

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I can't agree more on this.

Soft Jones and TO machine Brewer can get tons of playing time, but Thornton can't get even 1 minute.

Josh Smith was playing well for the first couple of games, but when he started to brick, JBB gave him only 9 minutes playing time each game. All those games Rockets lost the games!!!

The coach is just a headless chicken.

17. MistaK

MistaK Member

So he's terriAble you say? :grin:

Agree though that JB is worse than McHale. He has had a few good moments, but overall his rotations are questionable at best. Takes players out when they are hot, leaves them in when they are cold, guys only getting limited minutes on the court before being subbed (especially Josh) - can't expect players to catch a rhythm like that and players getting a DNP CD

Anyway here is to a better second half of the season! #BROKENPURSUIT or whatever

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

who cares. that doesn't excuse how bad of a player he really is on a consistent basis. Thank god you're not the coach because you have no idea what the difference is.

19. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

JB has cost us our season. He's costing us our players like Ty and Howard who are now wanting to be traded because he can't get them to work

This dude has Ty/Harden/ariza/smith/Howard and a bench of Bev/Terry/thorton/jones/Dmo/Harrell/Capella and is still barely .500

I literally don't understand JB or this teams silence when it comes to rotations(how has josh not freaked out on him)

If Brewer is still starting or playing PF after this Allstar break I might have to give up on this team

20. rockets13champs

Its not Dwight its JB.