1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who stays, who goes? is it a rebuild or a retool? your predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fonzie_004, Dec 15, 2015.

1. aumate

aumate Member

Yeah, but would it of made a difference? Look at Dragic now. Also, he'll need the ball in his hands also. Only guard that can play with Harden is someone like a George Hill. 3 & D. ie Bev but he sucks.

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

It's just so hard to guess what will happen, when we really don't know what's happening behind the scenes. Are there problems between Harden and Howard that's causing the entire team to play poorly? Does Harden have a broken heart resulting in the team playing poorly? Does Harden want to get out of Houston? Is Dwight broken down and can't perform at a high level anymore? Is Ty Lawson a huge cancer that is killing this team? Have all our role players mysteriously lost their talent at the same time? Has Harden's laziness on defense spread to the rest of the team? Are the same coaches that coached this team to 56 wins last year the main problem? Is The team being forced to play Moreyball the problem?

What is the problem? Maybe a combination of several problems. All we can do is speculate. I wonder if Morey and the team are as confused as we are? Or, do they know exactly what the problems are?

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Trade Harden for PG and CJ Miles

Give Ty a chance to run that team like we know he can as primarily ball handler and creator throwing oops to Dwight. If that doesn't work ship Ty out later. His market value is so low right now.

Ty / Bev
    Ariza / Thornton
    PG / Miles
    Dmo / TJ
    Dwight / Cap

:)

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The easiest way to salvage this season is do Lawson for Jack + Bogdanovic and Jones + Brewer for Kieff.

You purge yourself of the three worst players on the team and get back contributors.

Bev/Jack
    Harden/Bogdanovic
    Ariza/Kieff
    D-Mo/Kieff
    Dwight/Capela

Rockets still won't be contenders but they will make the Playoffs for sure.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have grown to hate Clutch the mascot

6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Trade Harden? For whom? LOL

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Cousins.

If you can get a star in return, do it

If not, then draft picks?

Or just hope he fixes it

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Dwight is obviously gone. Rockets will retool around Harden

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Most likely scenario.

However it's his play that is most concerning

10. a711

a711 Member

You have no ****ing clue how the NBA works

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm on the TRADE HARDEN bandwagon!

I know, I know... top player, young, phenomenal talent...

the harden of last year there is no way I wouldve traded...

but Hard-on has shown his true colors... he's a lazy self entitled prima donna who is more concerned about partying with jay-z and other stars, being a Kardassian, or whatever...

Sorry, folks, I wish it weren't the case - but it is what it is - you can't coach pride and attitude...

I don't think we need to blow it up - just extract the cancer that is bringing everyone down...

12. tdo

tdo Member

Blow it all to hell. Harden probably stays, as well as Dmo and Capela. After that, it is fair game on everyone. Sucks that this was supposed to be an awesome season to be a Rockets fan, and so far it is my least favorite team in the last 20 years.

13. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Harden
    Ariza
    D-Mo
    Capella
    Harrell
    Thornton

Rest can go.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

What are you talking about? Harden wasn't even on the team when the decision to sign Lin or re-sign Goran happened. The biggest thing Morey didn't want was the player option for Goran (which he ended up not exercising) because at the time there was no stars on the team and flexibility was greater than everything else.

15. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I have deep questions about Morey, if he insists that 95 percent of shots be behind the arc or at the rim. Why don't we have more guys who shoot 3's at a decent clip, or are reliable rim finishers.

If you have what you think is a masterful gameplan and you are in charge of personnel why do you not bring in personnel capable of executing the game plan.

16. tdo

tdo Member

I don't know why everybody insists on talking about moreyball, or the poor 3 point shooters, etc.

Offense is not the issue with this team. Yes, they have had some terrible offensive performances, but that happens. Take out the first few games, where the whole team shot wayyyyy below their career averages, and we are actually top 5 in offensive efficiency.

You absolutely can not consistently win in the NBA if you give up 105.4 pts per 100 possessions. We could argue about "Moreyball" until we are blue in the face, but we are not looking at why this team actually sucks. Until the team decides they actually are going to give an ounce of effort on the defensive side of the ball, we are going to continue to lose.

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I'll add Thornton, must stay IMO

and Harrell because he's young and looks like has plenty of upside