1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] UH fans blitz CSC Event Staff

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RV6, Dec 5, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It was after the game, but fans shouldn't be storming the field. You never see it with professional leagues. You don't want a fan to get in the face of a losing player, where emotions can run high and things can turn physical quickly and cause a chaotic brawl. In an amateur environment like college, a Monica Seles-type event is unlikely but something to think about. I think that limiting the amount of security would deter less fans from rushing the field, and that rushing the field after a victory would become more commonplace and invite an unsafe environment. The field is for the players, not for the fans.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Yes. They finished 12-1 tying their best season win total, won their conference championship and secured a major bowl birth.... So yes it worth rushing the field over.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Yeah you never see it with professional leagues in the USA(Soccer leagues in Europe and South America sometimes) BUT this was a college game. That's why I brought up College Basketball as a comparison.
    It's more dangerous in College Basketball(small court) than in Football but regardless, it's been fine in College Basketball so it should be fine in Football.

I do agree with you in terms of the reasons rushing the field and I've never been a fan of it but there's no great argument in support of what the security team did at the UH Football game.

4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

CSC is right in enforcing rules, but this is at the end of the game, importantly the last game at UH and a winning title game. Nonetheless at Cougars own stadium, not Reliant. CSC should be fired, or reprimanded for not training properly and hiring the wrong guys. That tough guy in the vid did more damage than that spear, he also tackled one guy that didn't get up, he should be charged criminally as well as that other guy who threw a few punches. Luckily, he didn't carry a gun, or else it would be a real shootout. If they were trained properly they should know to let the fans go especially a few hundreds are already on the ground on the field. When UH held the trophy, guess who were on the grounds celebrating. Sadly, I'm not surprised if UH gets sued.

5. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

I doubt we see UH getting sued in this situation mainly due to its appropriate initial response. CSC however better lawyer up and prepare for some incoming lawsuits.

6. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Not a good look for the University's first crack at hosting the AAC Championship Game either. I'm sure all the AAC officials were in attendance and none too pleased.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Fans rushed field last game, IIRC, and CSC actually helped some of them climb down...cant really blame fans, if theyre going to switch things up so quickly...and I dont think they even did change...only a couple CSC employees were acting up, so clearly they weren't just doing their job, even their supervisor told them to let fans go in one of the videos. My guess is, they were only supposed to use force during the game or if fans were destructive.

Not UH's fault because they hired outside company..CSC basically singled out those employees for breaking training guidelines. They'll probably help ID those 2-3 guys and the school will check if the students want to come forward and press charges...

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I can understand a little humorous self-ego boosting trash talk, but your's always comes off as just being a dick.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That was one section of the stadium.

10. conquistador#11

isn't that part of the college atmosphere? raiding the field tearing down the field goal post? I didn't know it's now frowned upon. i know it's a commuter college but let the kids be kids, even if they're 30!

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've been to UH football & basketball games where we stormed the field/arena after a big win (back then it was a big win). It was during the Kolb and Lafayette era. Fun times.

12. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

How would you have any clue how Rice students might react after a big win. The last one was in the 1954 Cotton Bowl.

Also it is easier to maintain security when the event staff outnumbers the patrons.

#52 Major Malcontent, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

On the plus side, he'll die alone and unloved.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

At one point in the '80s, I think we broke the NCAA record for most losses in a row, across multiple seasons. After our first win, students rushed the field and tore down the goal post. That was a big win for Rice. :grin:

Then we preceded to do the same thing after every win that year, culminating in a friend of mine getting hit in the head by the falling goal post. Hurt bad enough to go to hospital. So, after that, they asked the students to stop doing it, and they did. No more rushing the field.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I'd like to go one on one with the douchebag in the xxS shirt trying to show off gainz and body slamming students.

16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The security guards that assaulted the students shouldn't just be fired, they should be arrested. Thankfully, with the video footage, it should be easy to identify these CSC employees.

17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

wow that's brutal, punching him multiple times when the student was on the ground.

18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I was at the game, I can tell they really didn't want fans to rush the field. They was sending CSC guard down to the field in the 4th. But don't know why they even TRY. 50 guards ain't stopping 5k+ drunk crazy college fans.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I understand CSC had a job but common sense should have taken over. You're not going to stop fans rushing the field - and physically assaulting fans isn't in your job description.