1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Bought it last night new for $40. Should get to it tonight. Looking forward to it.

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Its all about if its good for their business model. I have a couple old school PS2 games I wouldn't mind having to actually pull out my PS2 system to play. NBA Street Vol2, Onimusha 2, , Fire Pro Wrestling, and various RPGs

Do it Sony! They could probably make some money selling adapters to plug your PS2 memory cards into. I'd buy one

4. Drexlerfan22

So would I!

There are still so many PS2 games I have that I plan to keep forever, and still others I want to play that I haven't even gotten to yet. Would be awesome if I could get the PS2 and/or old-model backwards-compatible PS3 out of my living room.

5. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Does this mean the return of Socom??? If the servers would be working at least.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Is PS4 over Xbone an easy choice? Xbone has Gears and Halo exclusives, but if those don't melt your butter, get a PS4, right?

7. Drexlerfan22

People are going to have different opinions about that, of course.

As far as which games you want, I'm not even going to comment on that, as it's too early in the lifecycle of both systems still, and just too subjective in terms of which exclusives float your boat.

As devices, the PS4 is generally a more powerful machine and tends to run multi-plats better (going by reviews). Though, for most it will be such a minor difference that you wouldn't notice unless you compared side-by-side.

As media devices, I have to think Xbox One is superior to PS4. I don't own a XB1, but I tried using some of the PS4's patched-in DLNA lately and it was pretty bare-bones and awful (PS3 >>>>> PS4 in this regard).

PS4 definitely has the larger install-base at this point. So if you want the machine that runs multi-plats a little smoother and don't care a lot about multimedia features, yeah, I'd go for the PS4. But if you care about the XB1's exclusives and multimedia features, no reason not to give it a look.

8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Thought I would ask this here and see if anyone else has done this or at least knows the specifics.

I have a PS4 in my living room. My 15 year old plays it a good bit and we are often competing for playing time/TV time. He wants his own for Christmas and I am considering getting one. Before I do I have some questions. Our current setup has me as the main account and he and my younger son as sub accounts. He has several digital games that were purchased through my account. Will he be able to play them on his new console or will he have to re-buy them? If he can play them how exactly does that work?

X-Box is not an option if the games don't transfer because his main game is PS exclusive.

9. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Shooting from the hip here, but can he play the downloaded games under his account on the current PS4? If so, I think he will still have access to them even if he was the main account on the new PS4. He may have to get a PS Plus membership to do it, though.

10. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok I did a little research after posting and this is what I found. Posting this in case someone else is interested.

One of the consoles has to be set as my primary console (this will be the one in my son's room). On that one it will share with his sub account all of the PS+ features and digital copies of games that are tied to my account. He will be able download and play all the games I have purchased through my ID. On the second console I will have to log in. I will have access to all my content, as well but anyone else that logs in will not have access to anything, including my sub accounts. With this it will allow us to share content between the two PS4's and apparently even play together online.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Nice. Lowest KDA in COD does dishes.

1 person likes this.
  12. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

That would be no contest. I get motion sickness on FPS so he would plaster me. I'll have to challenge him to Madden or something else but that is a great idea.

13. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Yep, that's exactly how this works. You have to be online and logged into your account to play anything on your secondary PS4, but that's only been a problem once, and I just went and grabbed the other PS4 temporarily.

1 person likes this.
  14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Recommend me a good and cheap 2tb hard drive.

15. Drexlerfan22

Just installed this one a few hours ago. Working fine so far.

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

That sheet is like $100. What the shiet mang?

17. Drexlerfan22

What price are you expecting to get on a 2TB drive, exactly?

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I was looking at some Seagate portable hard drive. Thinking of prop it open and pop it in the PS4.

They're around $75 on amazon right now. Black friday had some for around $70. $65 if you were lucky.

19. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Samsung Seagate??

20. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I trust Hitachi hdd's over WD/Seagate. For ssd, Samsung all the way. My bad, you need the smaller form factor. Lemme check.

Cheapest is the Samsung for $99 on newegg.