1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did you see Ariza on the last plays tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theprof, Nov 27, 2015.

1. ibm

ibm Member

smh... your reading comprehension is at the level of a 5th grader... is all i can say.

and, by your logic, harden's teammates are the main reason this team sucks right now? and harden is at no fault of the current sucking?

what about he also scored big in the last game b4 last night, and we still lost?

2. ibm

ibm Member

find me a post of mine where i said "brewer didnt suck", please?

once again, dont put words in people's mouths. can you do that? too much to ask for from you?

sf3 was saying there were "plenty of" stats exist, that can prove brewer sucks. i was merely ask him to share a few. so far, i am still waiting for his answer...

3. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

To be fair, brewer is a big part of the reason we're sucking, but obviously not the only reason. I can list stats on stats about why this is the case but i'll just list one.

This year he's allowing 51.3% DFG when the player he's guarding is 42.1% for a +9 differential.

Last year he allowed 42.6% DFG when the player was doing 43.3% for a -0.8%.

4. ibm

ibm Member

now this is the kind of post that i can respect.

are you listening, sf3?

:p

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He makes a post proving you wrong and you are trying to take a dig at me? How does this make sense? You are delusional.

6. Hmm

Hmm Member

Don't compare the fiercest competitor in Rockets history, the man that embodied the term "heart of a champion", to a dispassionate prima-donna in the making...

7. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Let's trade him for promising future stars. And this is my first time ever wanting to trade high.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Let me see if I get this conspiracy theory right. Ariza is shrugging his shoulders, thus he's complaining that Harden called another 1out 4flat, despite the fact the coaches have been calling this play for the last two minutes.

Here is the height of Ariza's shrug. Note where Beverley and Howard are. This isn't a 1out-4flat shape. The defense is not Flat!! At this moment, it also sounds like Ariza says "I'm over here. I'm here." Maybe the team realizes they are in the wrong shape? Harden is pointing to the right.

[​IMG]

And so they shift to the correct 4 Flat structure. Beverley goes to the other side, which gets Ariza open on one side and Howard now has more room under the basket. And the defense is more flat. After that, Harden takes no time to make his move.

[​IMG]

Do these photos show a conspiracy that Ariza is complaining that Harden called an ISO, or is this miscommunication of where everyone is on a called play?

Rockets never run plays wrong, so I'm going with the conspiracy.

I encourage you to listen to the audio as well, and let me know if you think Ariza is saying the same thing that I'm hearing (and is it even Ariza's voice).

9. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Good post. Pretty obvious the play wasn't structured right, people want to find the worst in everything. Ariza was simply confused.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No, i think he is saying that Ariza knew what to do, but Bev was in the wrong spot.
    Ariza was all 'hey guys, get in your spots so James can bring us home'

Thanks heyp for sorting this mess out.

11. heypartner

Yeah, and it looks like Bev is saying something. Maybe he's the one you hear say, "I'm over here." ?

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

It's all Ariza just trying to confuse the defense by stealing their focus to him for a split second. Harden just simply said "nah breh, bev, get on the other side. This chef bout to go cookin"

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I checked out the play right before this one and Beverly was visibly frustrated by Harden. After reviewing it a few times, I believe the frustration with Harden is real.

14. heypartner

I hope you're not talking about the fastbreak right before the OP's play.

The set play before the fastbreak did seem confused. I just read that as Bev trying to communicate and point out their stacked weakside set drew three guys to Howard, potentially to even tell Harden to attack immediately.

What exactly do you think Bev was thinking? You didn't mention, other than "visibly frustrated."

I don't see how court communication is an indication of frustration. And besides, Bev is the biggest fan of Harden on this team. You see it each game...talking and high-fiving all the time.

If Bev was pointing out the weakside defense being out of shape by sandwiching Howard, to suggest Harden driving immediately, then that was probably the correct move. But, Bev wasn't asking for the ball.

Here's the screen grabs fwiw

Can't see here, but Bev is about to point to Howard being triple teamed.

[​IMG]

Bev pointing to Howard, but this was a very fleeting moment of confusion by the defense, as they are about ready to go into proper shape. I tend to think Bev was saying "Attack now, see the triple team." I'd agree, but that moment was only for a split second.

[​IMG]

Now the defense starts their zone against Harden.

[​IMG]

New defensive shapes makes Bev and Brewer change positions so Brewer is on the wing.

[​IMG]

That's it, followed by Bev going to the rim for offensive rebounding position as Harden shoots a three.

Could Harden have attacked sooner vs dribbling for a three? probably. Are your frustrated with the play? Likely. Are you projecting your frustration onto Beverley assuming he must be thinking the same thing...most definitely.

Bev is the biggest fan of Harden. He was merely communicating a possible weakness in the defense. He certainly wasn't asking for the ball.