1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giannis or Kawhi

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MosKeemYao, Nov 19, 2015.

?

Which one?

1. Kawhi Mandible Leonard

52 vote(s)
    69.3%
  2. Giannis ~7' Antetokounmpo

23 vote(s)
    30.7%
  1. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

These are like the only people who can guard both Durant and Lebron who do you think will have the better career?

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Kawhi, at least currently.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Greek Freak. You can't teach size.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Leonard is good but Gianni's is only 21 and hasn't scratched the surface yet. Plus his length and size are rare. Tough choice

5. malakas

malakas Member

Giannis is still 20 but Kawhi is also 23. Kawhi has a championship and a final MVP.
    LOL I am a Giannis fan but I doubt he manages to do that tho I would be thrilled if he did.

6. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Giannis is better. Get Gianna under Pops' tutelage. He becomes a monster.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not sure how you say he is better right now cause he's not

8. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Kawhi was defensive player of the year.
    The Greek Freak is popular on Vines. Great potential, but we only see highlight clips of him and the rest of the time he's just OK.

9. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

I think Giannis. I watched the game today and his touch has improved a lot and his ball handling is far nicer than Leonards. Leonard still has better defense though.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Giannis is wildly incosistent hesitates to shoot open 3s and makes easy early fouls.
    If it's about right now it's not even close and it's even offensive to Kawhi.
    But Giannis is currently playing 2-5 , is probably top 5 player in transition, is elite in driving to the basket and is 20 and has improved a lot his shot so he will probably grow into a star.
    I think Kawhi is consistely being underrated while if you see him this year he has gotten even better. He is hands down the best defensive player in the league right now.

11. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

To be fair, Giannis is pretty elite defensively too. They're probably going to be two of the best on D for the forseeable future.

I think Giannis has the higher ceiling, Kawhi has a better shot at reaching his.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Giannis, if he leaves Milwaukee.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Hes not as good as kawhi. But hes more versatile defender because he can guard from some 2s to light 5s. I have watched almost every giannis game. Kawhi is right now a MUCH MUCH better defender. G is very inexpernced tends to overhelp and can get baited into frustration fouls. Dudley owned him twice this year because he knew him from last year being teammates.

14. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Yeah, Kawhi like you said is on another planet this year defensively. You put that guy on a bad team and give him 20-22 shots, and he probably scores 25-30. That's probably never going to happen on the Spurs, but I think most people who watch the NBA know he's the best player on a very good spurs team.

Easy top 10 player for me. Giannis is only 20 or 21, 4 years younger, sky is the limit for him.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Most posters in the Bucks forum predicted that G will average 15 ppg this year and is at best a second banana in a team, and there are some who think he's not a max player. OFC they have changed their tune once this year started but it's really funny. Because his progress has been pretty rapid so far.
    Too bad he isn't allowed to take more than 15 FGA even when he scores 33 points tho.

16. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

silly comparison

one guy is a finals mvp, defensive player of the year.. the other guy is well.... TALL

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Giannis has been overrated the previous 2 years. It's finally clicking for him. It'd be fun to see them both on the same team.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

One guy is on the Spurs.. the other is on, well... MILWAUKEE

That's basically what you just said.

Granted, Kawhi DEFINITELY IS a better defender. But even a lot of that is team and scheme as well. Kawhi's DRTG this year is 92 so far. He led the league last year with a 96, so he's even better so far this year. Giannis is 109. It's a pretty huge difference, really... that is bigger than the actual divide... because of team and system.

And of course, Giannis is 2.5 years younger.

Giannis has nowhere near the consistency that Kawhi has. But if you look back 2 years, Kawhi didn't have that consistency either. Just look at the gamelogs.

So this is easy. On a team to compete for deep playoff runs for the next 3-5 years = Kawhi.

Team that is still building a bit, with a longer window = Giannis

19. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

I like Giannis but if I had to choose which one to put on my team, it would be Kawhi every time.

20. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I dont think that stat gives Giannis enough credit, correct me if I'm wrong but I think Giannis OPFG% when he's defending is in the top 5 in the nba, with Kawhi being the best. I think KAwhi holds his guy to like 30% shooting, which is pretty sick.