1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Wojnarowski] J.B. Bickerstaff, son of an NBA lifer, gets shot of a lifetime with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ron from the G, Nov 19, 2015.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great quotes, I hope Les and Morey will back up JB. Morey is not a coach, analytics are helpful, but they have their limits.

We still have a very,very, long way to go and it's going to be rough. Successfully incorporating Ty and utilizing Dwight along with defense and leadership/ accountability is the key to success. Harden needs to recognize that he can't do it alone.

JB will have to prove that he is up to the challenge.

2. No Chill Rocket

Let's go Bickerstaff!!

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Pulling for JBB!!!

4. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

I feel better than before I read the article. Cautiously optimistic.

Now, to put the plan into action and wait for the results.

5. malakas

malakas Member

This was a nice article.
    But cynic malakas : This is a WOJ usual fluff piece which he always writes in exchange of info. Maybe it had to be done to encourage the fans won't be surprised if WOJ starts coming out with some new rockets exclusives from "leaks".

Also I am in see and wait mode. Because quite frankly I was dissapointed from yesterdays match for a "after coach fired" perfomance it was mostly pitiful. But will take the win and be happy about it and try to be optimistic.

6. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

Someone should start making a Body language highlight real for the next couple games.

7. ibm

ibm Member

a blowout for sure, eh? ;)

nothing changes overnight. we humans are animals of habits, and old habits die hard.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Yes. But even much worse teams played much better after their coach fired than what we had to sit through for 3.5 quarters. And the team doesn't lack talent like most of those other teams.
    (taht's why I think our bet is a draw much as like the final result of regular time. I expected a blowout or at least a comfortamble win and was severely dissapointed).

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I think the way we won that game - almost similar to the clippers playoff game - is much better than a blowout win. It showed grit and determination. They would've lost had McHale been at the helm - no doubt about it. So the fact they can muster and win shows much welcomed improvement. Expect the blowout against Memphis.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Article hits the nail on the head. Team needs discipline and a plan--something McHale couldn't give. JB has management's backing to change the team culture. If he can get through to Harden, the rest will follow.

11. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Reading the title I freaked out thinking OMG HE GOT SHOT?!!

1 person likes this.
  12. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I couldn't find any other thread specific to JB being named as coach!
    Amazing there are 50 about firing McHale, threads on Brooks, Thibs and JVG to be coach, threads about getting rid of Morey and Harden, but none other than this on the 1st 2 pages specific to JB being named as coach.

Whether he's people's choice or favorite or not - he has been given the opportunity to turn things around. I wish him all the best and despite our 1st 3 quarters against Portland, we pulled out the W in the end and for the 1st time I can remember, there seemed to be talk at the time outs about plays he wanted to run. Refreshing!

13. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

when you have a roster as a talented as the warriors, and the powers that be( the nba) knew it was coaching holding the team back, of course they are gonna be upset that we fired the guy keeping the rockets out of the warriors way lol. The thing that hurts the media the most is that we were only 1.5 games out of a playoff spot( and the firing happened so early in the season that it doesnt really affect how our season will end up) with the way we were playing ... with teams like the pelicans who are talented and were really trying to win only able to muster 1 win lol, we had 4 ngaf, now is when we gonna go on our run, playing defense, our coach calling necessary timeouts, making in-game adjustements... something that was lacking with mchale.. we may not catch the warriors or the spurs in the standings, but we will probably end up 3rd or 4th when its all said and done

14. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I'm talking more about this forum.
    So many threads on what's wrong. Get rid of the entire team blah blah blah.

But none acknowledging JB and to wish him success!

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I'd love for him to work out.

16. TheresTheDagger

We have hope again.

17. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

I hope it works out as well 'cause last night's performance was more of the same. If JB is serious about making changes it will require playing defense and holding players accountable. It will also require getting the team to buy into the concept of 'team' basketball... meaning the iso game with Harden needs to be the last option.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Hope for what? The NBA finals this season? Next season? I really hope you are right.

19. ibm

ibm Member

right on.

can a 36-yr rookie interim hc do all that? i doubt it.

i will believe it (and cheer for it) when i see it.

20. abaker28

abaker28 Member

At least he deserves our full support in the interim.