1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Party Problem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MR. MEOWGI, Aug 26, 2003.

1. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

I am willing to be friends if you want dude. You just need to learn to respect people who have been on this board longer than you. I don't hassel anyone that has a member number smaller than mine. I might disagree with them, but I don't hassel them in an annoying manner. Now newbies on the other hand....

2. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Legrouper.....Dude, no offense, but that is the stupidest **** I have ever read. Respect people who have been on this board longer? Just ignore the response man. We all make smart ass remarks once in awhile. Now shake hands and give each other a hug.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I would say don't do it unless you can keep the doobies away and keep the under age drinkers from drinking. I seriously doubt you can and you could be held liable for anything which occurs at or after the party, such as an accident or even deaths. It will all come back to haunt you.

It was a great idea but I went to a lot of parties growing up and not once did I go to an adult-sanctioned keg party where kids were smoking doobies and non-adults were allowed to drink beer. The parents were always away for those ;). Well, actually I did go to a party where an over age person thought it was a good idea to buy a keg and collect money while letting minors drink. He went to jail for it, too, after TABC showed up.

Buy your younger brother a six pack of something good and buy the rest of those alcohol seeking, doobie smoking panzies O'Douls and a pack of cigarettes or something.

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Sounds like you have a good life. A job, a wife, and a house. Don't do anything that will risk any of that.

5. no_answer

no_answer Member

Personally I would never put my older brother or anyone in my family in the place you're at. A 21st birthday party isn't worth messing up your life because some under aged kid drives home drunk from the party and kills himself/herself or someone else.

6. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

I don't think it is stupid to ask someone to stop following me around threads and making derogatory personal remarks to me. I hope that you are making your "dude no offense" offensive response because you are unaware of this dude following me around threads. Believe me Mo I am fully aware of all the smart ass remarks people make around here. His remarks transcend smartass however and I am getting tired of it. I don't think respecting seniority is stupid either Mo. I wouldn't kiss anyone's ass and I don't expect mine to be kissed but the continual childlike insults I am receiving are starting to wear a little thin.

Believe me if he delivered any of these remarks with even the slightest bit of light heartedness I would probably find them amusing.

#26 LeGrouper, Aug 26, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2003
  7. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Im with you on the harrassment man......but the respect thing just doesnt make sense......respecting people in general - yes, this makes sense....but respecting people because they have a high post count - No Way. I have read some post in here made by posters with 'senority' that are flat out stupid. I also dont look at their post count and think that I must treat RM95 (just an example RM95) or LeGrouper, differently. Just my opinion. I hope he reads this and leaves you alone.

Sorry Mr. Meowgi!!! My apologies...I hope all turns out well between you and your little brother.

8. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

There are some real party poopers in this thread.

9. YoYao

YoYao Member

the QUESTION is, do you have a daughtor? :D :D :D

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Arrange for a hosptaility suite at a local hotel..pay cash.
    If the kid will be 21 by the day of the party rent it in his name.

You will look extremely cool to your brother and his friends for the cool digs. The hotel staff can be the bad guys about the doobie.
    You don't end up with stale beer and puke on your carpet and you liablilty is very limited since it's not at your house.

11. underoverup

underoverup Member

HA! I make a joke about a doobie, and LeG calls me out on it then gets all hot and bothered when make a joke back. Relax its all fun LeGrouper. :) Quit getting personal-- there is no need for that amoung a board that is all about our love for the Rockets.

12. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Which doobie you be?

13. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Throw the party, allow drugs and hookers and minors drinking and stripping and party balls all night long. Pretend like you're turning 21 all over again. Be Will Ferrell in Old School. Anything that's worth doing is worth doing balls to the wall. Most of them will probably be of age and the ones that aren't I am quite sure this won't be their first rodeo. Take their keys on entrance and let 'em go nuts.

14. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Finally, the answer I was looking for! Thanks brah!

15. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I wouldnt want to take the chance that some underage kid gets drunk and then drives home and has an accident. In this sue happy world it`s just not worth it. As a present, give him the cash to get a suite at a hotel and he can have his own private gathering.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Dude, you're going to have about 200 wigging drunk kids ramsacking your house...your crazy. :D

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I know you want to be the cool bro, but just think if something did happen...

But then again, nothing might not happen either...

So party on dude...;)

18. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Remember. If any of those kids gets in trouble, you get in trouble. If they leave and their parents find out, you get in trouble. If one of them leaves, gets in a car wreck and dies, or kills somebody, you get in trouble.

If somebody goes to jail for drugs or alcohol, you do too.

As the owner of the house and the adult in the situation, you will be the one to carry 100% of the responsiblity if anything goes wrong.

Sued, Fined, Jail, whatever.

Just be careful.

There is always some dumbass parent going to jail because they bought beer for their son/daughter and friends and they either got caught by the police, somebody got in a car wreck, or some parent calls the cops on you or sues you.

Just keep it in mind.

EDIT: Wow...3+ years to get to 1000 posts. I waste it sounding like a boring old adult.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Oh ya can I come?

"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age." Wooderson

20. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

right brah.