1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Romo up to no good again.....

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Drewdog, Aug 26, 2003.

1. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Every team has a Sprewell/Romanowski on their team.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What player attacked their coach for the Knicks or T-Wolves? Your point was you were happy that the WARRIORS got rid of Sprewell, as it happened when he played for them. Again, which team wouldn't do that?

3. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

I will put it to you this way PG, the Rockets would NEVER sign Spree. My point is some teams are willing to look past such things in the pursuit of winning, others are not. I admire those who would not sign a known coach attacker to boost their winning percentage.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The Rockets have held on to numerous questionable characters in their past, most notably Vernon Maxwell so that is a very bold assumption.

5. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

He had 91 tackles last year and played pretty good. He obviously isnt as good as he was 10 years ago but he hasnt had a huge decrease in production either.

6. SLA

SLA Member

Yes. An inference. And the Rockets coach is Jeff Van Gundy...and he was said to have wanted Sprewell here. If Sprewell asked for just the minimum...then probably the Rockets would have signed him. Yo cierra la boca now.

7. LeGrouper

Vernon Maxwell never choked his coach - choking your coach should be an automatic league ban. That is ridiculous. Wherever you got this info that JVG wanted him here I would like to see. Otherwise it means nothing. I can make up something right now and say "JVG wasn't the one who got Spree to NY" which was probably true, but I don't know that and can't reference it so I can't say it.

Players get into squabbles - it is bad but understandable because they are peers. Players and coaches might argue but never should a coach hit a player or a player hit a coach. I don't respect any team that signs such a player.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

There is exactly ONE freakin player in the NBA who actually choked a coach so you don't know what team will let a player who did that play for them. When there is a larger sample size, we can begin to make that assumption.

Now how many players have actually gone into the stands and punched someone. That's not a large sample to choose from, and this team's current management kept that player on the team. Not only that, we traded for a player who spit on a little girl. How players have done that. Not too many, but again, the Rockets managed to pluck him also.

#28 pgabriel, Aug 26, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2003
  9. LeGrouper

I am not making any assumptions as to which teams would and would not hire a player who choked their coach except for the following:

The Knicks and Timberwolves would

The Warriors would not

I do not believe the Rockets would because I could not see Les and CD making such a move. If they did I would boycott all Rockets games.

Comparing VM and CB's antics to choking their coach is ridiculous.

And here you start to have a problem with your argument. Maxwell was phased out. His actions did not warrant immediate canning but I am sure CD made a note to get rid of him ASAP. Like I said before, a coach is a sacred position, not to be touched, and assaulting a coach requires prompt and decisive action. There have always been trouble between athletes and hecklers but teams that don't respect their coach, their leader, are honorless.

Spree fan eh?