1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cam Newton On Pace to be Greatest Football Player Eva

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by pgabriel, Oct 26, 2011.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You should be bumping to apologize.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think he can still be the greatest out of the young new QBs. Probably has the best tools.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is going to finish with close to a 90 passer ratings and 30 or so total TDs. His TD/Int ratio has gotten better. The panthers had a disappointing season, but he hasn't really sucked like some people are making it out to be.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

agreed.

5. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

People keep saying that Cam Newton is a BUST, or that RG3 is gonna be the next Cam. Im like wtf Cam is that bad of player... his attitude, and terrible intangibles overshadowes his HUGE talent. But these past 4 games, Cam has been playing a LOT better. Hopefully Ron Rivera gets brought back, because I can list 3 or 4 games that the Panthers lost in the 4th quarter this year ( Bears, Falcons, etc)

6. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Even being a Baylor guy, I might take Cam over RG3 for injury reasons alone. RG3 is the better QB today. Better vision, more accurate, and they both have cannons hanging from their shoulders. Only Griffin's cannon hangs from a sports car, and Cam's hangs from a Brinks truck.

That said, Luck is clearly the safest long term of the 3.

1 person likes this.
  7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Repped for the analogies. Good job!

8. David Stern

David Stern Member

I agree....but i'm not sure If Cam can improve his consistency in the accuracy department enough to become better than what RG3 is today.

RG3 and Luck are very accurate throwers….Cam is closer to Locker than either RG3 or Luck when it comes to accuracy.

9. Sacudido

Sacudido Contributing Member

Have to disagree on Luck's accuracy. His stats show nothing to allow anyone to make that argument. Barely 55% completion percentage, and as many interceptions as touchdowns...

Cam just doesn't seem to have the right mindset to maximize his talent in my opinion.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Stats don't really speak to how accurate he is. It is scary the similarity to Manning, who only posted a 56.7 completion percentage and 28 picks.

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

You should watch some Colts games, and see how does Luck complete his passes. When you are running for you life half the time, 56% completion is pretty darn good.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you want to assume Luck will progress like Manning in future seasons, fine. But, from watching him this season, he sure he misses a lot of throws to be considered accurate. That isn't a strength of his right now. I agree he will improve. No reason to think he won't.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I blame that on the heavy workload, lack of a consistent running game, and inconsistent o-line.

And like some have said, Peyton didn't complete a lot of his passes in his first year either, and he threw a ton more picks. Luck will get better no doubt.

14. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

Russell Wilson
    Andrew Luck
    RG3
    all mo better dan Cam.......

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you sound like an ex gal

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i posted this in the rgiii vs luck thread but this goes in here. newton finished the season fourth in yards per attempt. that's astounding considering his very low below avg completion pct of 57%. the guy right above him in completion pct in the top four in yards per attempt is rgiii at 65%. the next highest guy in completion pct is vick around 25th in the league and his yards per attempt is around 26th in the league.

this a very odd statistical anamoloy for newton but one thing it clearly flies in the face of is that he is not a downfield passer. more accurately he is the deepest ball passer in the league is what it says.

i started following cam when not until his first game in the nfl when he broke the qb first game passing yardage record. i never really followed the guy at auburn and bought into the hype that he wasn't that good of a passer. giving his first two years that is just flat out silly and that's one reason i as an individual can seem crazy at times because i don't buy into the media other posters etc, i need to see **** for myself.

#236 pgabriel, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  17. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Cam has big ben potential

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

War Eagle, Cam Newton!

The Gawd.

19. Remii

Remii Member

Cam is way more athletic than Big Ben and Big Ben has had a multitude of receiving options and has had great running games and great coaches.