1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Mallett Not at Practice: Personal Issue with Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by bobloblaw, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

These are your words... this is the world you live in...

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that was 2 months ago, and he'd have been better off if that's exactly what he did. I'm not sure what point you think you are getting at...

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Peter King:

He is not in the good graces with the coaching staff or front office. If not for Tom Savage on IR, Mallett would be in danger of losing his job

As it is, they gotta keep him because he's the only experienced backup they have.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

... I bet you still think he's a starter as well.

There's literally fecal material coming off your posts now.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

On this team he probably should be a starter, but that says less about him than it does about Hoyer. I'm not sure why that's so hard for you to understand unless you really are a bit drunk right now.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nope, sober as hell... and reading all the crap you've spewed in this thread as if it was gospel.

There's a lot more... that was just the very first one I saw.

Good job dodging the question... you said he'd be a starter the second he got his release from this team... still believing in that? Sure you are.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Mallet clearly has character issues , the kind that will make it impossible for him to ever fulfill his physical potential. This is especially true considering the QB position is expected to be a leader . I'd cut the guy now . Putting savage on the IR was a mistake and not entirely unexpectedly so . The Texans should have considered that both hoyer and mallet would be ineffective, to not do so signals a lack of judgment.

Not knowing what savage is capable of is one more piece of information the Texans will not have when trying to make a QB decision in next years draft. The Texans should cut mallet on principle alone and sign anyone off the street.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its highly probable they will.

9. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I have never seen quarterbacks dicked around so much by a professional head coach.

That said if you are Ryan Mallet why would you put your trigger happy, full save my job mode coach in a situation where he literally could not put you into a blowout where you would have had a chance to keep the job on merit (if not mere process of elimination.

He was in uniform because we didn't have another option and you sort of have to have a backup QB with an O-Line like ours. Tomorrow we will bring someone else in and he will be a scrap heap free agent. Cannon arm isn't as useful as it would be if he had something other than rocks for brains.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Mallett is trash... No reason to keep him he is just a distraction and has no future in this league.

11. Major

Major Member

I think the point he's getting at is how wrong your evaluation of Mallett was. You actually thought, in August, that if Mallett was released, some team would sign him on the eve of the season and immediately make him their starting QB. That makes you delusional.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I still think that could have happened. The Jets might have done so even with Geno KTFO

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And you'd still have been wrong... why even bother hanging on at this point?

Mallett is an unprofessional, un-talented douche of a person right now. He's a few years away from being Uncle Rico, and you were 150% backing him the entire time.

[​IMG]

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Is Bobby really still going at it over this? LMAO

Not sure if it's sad, hilarious, or both at this point.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I get that you think that you think that right now, but if you were thinking you wouldn't think that. It's okay, it happens to everyone from time to time.

Well, you're right about the unprofessional douche part, but everything else is knee jerk nonsense. Don't worry, I'm giving you an out, you can just say later that you were drunk.

16. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

We need this guy as coach

[​IMG]

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Knee jerk? Do you need to see him throw more balls in the dirt, more check downs, and more 95 mph uncatchable 5 yard passes?

If I were drunk, some of your drivel may have actually once made sense.

Please be better.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Mallet had a game where he was 0-16 under pressure.

The idea that he has some incredible ability under pressure is idiotic.

He struggles to throw 5 y/a and complete 50% of his passes.

He is literally worse than Hoyer at everything except making the Reliant turf worse by throwing 100 mph darts into the ground.

Just because he immediately checks down every single time doesn't make him "better under pressure."

I can't even believe someone would use that argument.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The ability under pressure argument is the same as the upside argument.

Just something pulled out of someone's ass to try to win an argument on the internet

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ryan Mallet is sort of a jerk.