1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would it take to get...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by today, Oct 14, 2015.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

It doesnt matter what we offer....because we cant offer anything as valuable as Aaron Rodgers.

Quality > Quantity

Now, if we could offer a young, solid QB, then we're talking a different game here. For example, if we had Cam Newton...

Then maybe we could give Newton, Watt, and a bunch of draft picks. Then again, if we had someone like Newton, then we probably wouldnt be having this discussion.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'd be in favor of trading all draft picks as long as Rick Smith is the man making the picks.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

[​IMG]

You can't be serious dude. LOL

[​IMG]

One can dream though

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Don't forget ambivalence.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Offere the entire Texans roster and greenbay would laugh uncontrollably then hang up

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You might as well trade all those picks for the next time a sure fire QB rolls around... then again I doubt Indy would've traded the #1 overall pick to Washington if they would have offered them the all their picks that year and the next year and the following year.

So the answer to your question is simply NO.

8. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

You'd have to offer beyonce to atleast get green bay on the phone.

9. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

All draft pick this year in a good QB class, next year, JJ Watt

And ryan mallett

10. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

For how good Rodgers is... he's only been to the superbowl once. Peyton only won one superbowl out of 3 appearances

Think all we need is a top 10 QB, that can be clutch and just build other parts of our team. We don't have to have the very best QB, or even a top 3 QB.

11. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

We probably should have drafted him in 2005 over Travis Johnson :p

12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, at this point I think there's a higher probability of the OP creating a time machine to travel back in time and force the Texans to draft Rodgers than for Green Bay to accept anything we could offer for him.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I still think Luck is coming our way. I said this before the season even started, and the implosion has begun in Indy.

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

He's also only been on the sidelines for the postseason once - and that was his first year as a starter. They're averaging 11 wins/year and are 5-0 this year.

A 3/4-game playoff is totally random; that's why I never use the Super Bowl as a standard - anything can happen. I mean, Joe Flacco has as many rings as Rodgers - would anyone, including Joe Flacco, trade Aaron Rodgers for Joe Flacco? But consistently getting to the playoffs? I think that has merit and the Packers have done it every year for six straight and are likely to make it 7 this year.

*That's* what an elite QB can do for a franchise, I think.

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I know we're just hypothetically shooting the **** here, but... I honestly don't think the Packers would trade Rodgers, period. I don't. He's the best QB in football. And while he's not young (31) - this is just his 8th year as a starter so he doesn't have the miles.

I suppose the Colts could *maybe* put together a large enough package to pry him away - but........ I really don't think the Pack would do it. Not right now. When he enters the twilight phase of his career, sure... it's possible.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Damn that stings

17. today

today Contributing Member

Bingo, after thinking through it, this is my conclusion.

I saw some people try to give an accurate value in draft picks of a top 5 QB (thank you), and I some totally dismiss it as not being possible (I disagree, every player has a value). Let's just say that a minimum of 5 years of giving all your picks away would net you a top 5 QB who is in his early 30's. That type of value is astronomical.

I feel like we need at least a top 10 QB, so IMO we ought to actively pursue trading up to get the top QB of each draft until we know we have a winner. Heck, we ought to even draft 2 QBs this year.

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It's whatever the player wants to happen, and believe you me...it will become.