1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Request: "Stacy's knee has got an injury" song that someone on Clutchfans made during 2008 season

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Scionxa, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Anyone remember a poster who used to post a song that was a remix of "Stacy's mom has got it going on" , but it was "Stacy's knee has got an injury" in reference to Tracy Mcgrady? I'd like to find that song.

#1 Scionxa, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  2. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Something from Pulltab?

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't remember that, but I remember poster Chance doing song stuff. Was it him?

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sean Pendergast might have it. They played it on 1560 the game

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It was probably Chance and Pulltab. Whatever happened to him?

I think he moved to Magnolia and got lost in the boonies.

6. Poloshirtbandit

Yeah it was him and the other guy he did songs with.. Name escapes me right now.

7. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I thought he took his talents to Dallas?

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

9. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

You know, I never really got the hate for TMAC about his knee. Dude needed microfracture surgery as was playing in pain, trying to play through the season. He really shouldn't have been out there. In an era when players are criticized for not being tough enough, here was a guy with a messed up knee, gritting his teeth and trying to play when he physically couldn't, and anybody who saw that missed layup knew he couldn't physically play. And I think he just took a lot of undeserved crap because of it. There were certain things I think you could call him out on, like the way he announced his microfracture surgery and even that he was playing when he shouldn't have, but I don't think you could call him out for being weak or a pansy or fault his effort on the court considering his injury.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ It was more about keeping everyone in shackles regarding the status of his knee.

Would or wouldn't he play? If he did, how well would he play? Would he be able to make a positive impact? If it was negative, would coach take him out of the game?

It was all very frustrating.

I feel confident in saying that if it wasn't for all that knee nonsense, TMac would be remembered fondly by more folks around here.

Over the years I have learned to come to terms with the end of his career as a Rocket because I now understand what he must have been going through. He should have handled it differently, but I can't help feeling sad about it.

#11 shastarocket, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you lie to the Knicks also and tell that you were 100% ? Did you take ever other day off work?

must be nice

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Like I said, he should have handled it differently, but I understand a response like that when you get "punched in the mouth."

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah but like, he had a bum knee. A lot of that stuff is overblown. You can't fault a guy for getting injured.

He played through a shoulder injury and that same failing knee in a futile Utah series (that everyone knew we'd lose) in 08 after Yao went down yet again (wasting our chances that season) and Rafer as well.

He should have handled his knee surgery way better and obviously that Toronto game was a black mark. But some posters here act like he was a negative all the time. The guy was a great member of the Rockets for an overwhelming majority of his tenure here.

I will never understand how a lot of people here think he was keeping the organization in shackles regarding the knee issues. He was trying to tough it out and failed miserably at that. His biggest mistakes were the show of frustration that he exhibited during that Toronto game (keeping in context a few other stars of that generation also did similar things) and how he announced micro fracture. Very unprofessional on his part for those things.

Yet it's kind of disgusting that those two things cause some to have such negative feelings and pretend like the vast majority of his time here the guy didn't give it his all.

Anyway that's a post for the GARM.

Thanks for posting that song again Acedude. It's been so many years since then! :D