1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] FINALLY! Rockets unveil black alternate jersey for 2016-17 season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 15, 2015.

1. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I love the black. Not a fan of the v-neck cut, but I'm just being picky. If we're going to stick with the current theme... Take the black Jersey, make a silver version for home, and a red version for away. Keep the black as an alternative, and then make a red/yellow version to celebrate our history as a 2nd alternative. 4 jerseys total... All sleeveless...and that's it.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the rockets jerseys we have now are indeed unique and inventiveā€¦..and appropriate for a CBA team like Qingdao. but i do think the proposed ones you and Clutch don't like would be appropriate for space city. the plain jane celtic uniforms are also appropriate in their celtic green.

the black rocket uniforms unveiled yesterday imo have little connection to rockets history. it's like they took a standard black jersey and put HOUSTON across it with some red trim.

our old school hakeem era jerseys are indeed simple, but the lettering font even today is still unique and can only be claimed by this franchise. so simple/clean can also be unique/inventive in the same jersey if done right

3. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Dwight may as well be wearing football shoulder pads, those boulders a ridiculous.

4. BleedsRocketRed

Just bring back a slightly redesigned version on the old logo, make the Red/Orange Clutch City jerseys the home jersey. The Black ones the road jersey with more black/orange in them.

Also, not a jersey thing, but turn off the lights in the stands and focus the lighting on the court. Gives it more of that MSG type atmosphere and hides our hideous crowds.

5. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Ok, regardless of how you feel about the black jersey, please tell me this is not amateurism at its best:

[​IMG]

Look at the white of the number and the colour of Houston + font, that's not matching at all..

6. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

My top 3 (white, red, black)

1. this with "Clutch City" instead of Rockets
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. bmd

bmd Member

I'm sure it matches. What is probably happening is that the light is hitting the red outline around "Houston" and giving the white font a slightly pinkish hue in the picture.

Because the number isn't outlined, it looks white like it should.

It's an illusion.

8. PJ86

PJ86 Member

It's like that in every picture, so I doubt it. Still doesn't change the fact that while they have a totally different font for Houston, the number is still like all the others so total mismatch seems to be the Rockets way of a unique look

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think you're right, going by the photo here https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/643947778616328192/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

but i'm thinking in this case maybe the number should have the red outline as well then

10. bmd

bmd Member

It's not like that in every picture. Look at this one:

[​IMG]

The colors look the same. The reason is that it is dark in the room and the red gets lost in the black, and so the white shows up more, and so you can tell whites on the lettering and the number is the same color.

I told you, it's an illusion.

If you see it in person it's clearly the same.

11. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Fair enough, it should have the red outline as well then or at least a matching font.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

BLACK JERSEYS - I think they look good. But I am not blown away by them. I guess that's because I LOVED the "T-MAC version" that was floating around. It just felt like it popped more. Nevertheless, cool that the Rockets LISTENED to the clamoring for the black jerseys.

GREY JERSEY - doesn't do much for me. I don't think jerseys as a whole look good in grey. It is such a muted color. But, I guess they did the best they could with them.

P.S. I can't get on the Rockets for doing "sleeved jerseys" since it is more the NBA's call on making these.

RED "Clutch City" JERSEYS - Not a fan of these. Love the "concept" of Clutch City, but the execution is seriously lacking.

Swap out the front Logo with this
    [​IMG]
    and you would have a home run. Someone with photoshop skills should do a mock up with that logo treatment. Would love to see it.

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

These are niiiiice.

Too bad we can't get them this year. BlackDecember. Oh well, either way, it's happening.

Black Rose, White Justice.

Love how the Rox are growing.

14. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I rather see them use this Cluth City font on the new jersey
    all cap with lower case "t" is looking weird

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Sick, I like em.

16. bmd

bmd Member

[​IMG]

17. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Different font for the numbers and take off the sleeves and I can dig it!

18. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

The black uniform design should be our official jersey. Just white at home. Perfect.

1 person likes this.
  19. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Now I feel like designing some concepts :eek: .

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe more like this font...The v neck just crowds it though..

[​IMG]