1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[YouTube] Fight at the US Open

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SwoLy-D, Sep 3, 2010.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yet you challenged him to a fight?

Does not compute...

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It was preliminary, a fight has many stages. I made a move and he folded. I got what I wanted without causing a scene. The guy wanted to stand there and argue over something so trivial, and I made a tactical move to avoid it.

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You challenged him to a fight without knowing anything about him. He could've been armed. He could've been a trained fighter. He could've been a cop. He could've had friends in the store. There are just so many possibilities that you didn't consider.

You call it a tactical move. I call it dumb luck.

4. tmoney1101

...and I could be all those things, too. It didn't stop him from making a dumb comment.

Whatever you want to call it, it achieved the objective of the moment. Like I said in a previous post I haven't picked a fight in years, the guy rubbed me the wrong way. I may have over reacted, but it happens.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yes, you could be all those things. But you were the one who instigated the fight, not him.

For your sake, I hope you rethink your "tactics" in the future.

6. tmoney1101

You can't alway's be afraid to take a risk every now and then, it's what makes life interesting. Sometimes you have to go with your gut. I'd be an idiot if I walked around doing **** like this all the time, so obviously I see your point. good convo. wekko.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

After looking at the two videos, I think the young prick should press charges against the b**** and the old tumbler.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The old guy escalated it, it could've been dropped when his wife sat down.

9. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Okay lets see.

Women is getting confrontational, guy is just standing next to his seat.
    Women slaps the guy, guy could've retaliated but he didn't.
    Confrontation seems over but old guy decides it wasn't and confronts him.
    Old guy kicks him and tries to choke him. Young guy tries to push him off, but both fall, and young guy gets up and walks away.
    Crowd decides to jump him, dude still doesn't swing.

Young guy may be a douche, p***y, prick, whatever you may. But he is no way in fault in this altercation escalating to what did. Whats worse was those people trying to jump the young guy, when he wasn't even doing to escalate it.

10. kikimama

kikimama Member

Please, just shut the &^%$ up. Sorry, but my kids will pick on your kids and their dad can't do s@#$ about it. Be a man and claim your place in the speedy checkout line even if you got too many items. I would have told that *******, "can you count how many punches I can put into your face?"

11. kikimama

kikimama Member

I could've swore he was black.

12. yaonow

yaonow Member

lmao, "my dad can beat up your dad!!"

Ya but about the video that young guy apparently wasn't talking too much during points and even if he was that is definitely within his right. I never even saw a time when he directly insulted the lady; he just denied that he was talking too much and cussed about it but that is never a reason to slap someone. He showed extremely impressive self control IMHO to not ever retaliate but basically only act in self defense.

13. yaonow

yaonow Member

but he maybe said some offensive things right before the lady slapped him but that wasn't on the video so who knows. Still that takes serious willpower to just stand and get slapped in a heated confrontation and do nothing

14. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...ushing_tennis_tourney_until_2013_as_vide.html

The gutter-mouth macho man who goaded a senior citizen and his daughter into a U.S. Open throwdown turned into a bawl boy once the NYPD arrived.

Joey Pedevill, after serving up a barrage of angry F-bombs against his overmatched opponents, was near tears before police tossed him out of Arthur Ashe Stadium until 2013.

"The cops had him up against the wall," an Open security guard said Friday. "He was drunk. . . . He looked like he was going to cry."
    A chastened Pedevill hid out in his East Side apartment as video of his vile tirade and fight with Tracey Falco and dad Lawrence Burnett became an Internet sensation.

"He's freaking out," said Pedevill's girlfriend, Heather Gaffin, on her way to visit him. "He didn't do anything wrong. Thank God, he didn't do anything wrong."

Gaffin's father said the 27-year-old Mike Tyson fan - a muscular former high school wrestler - wants to put the bizarre incident behind him.

"He doesn't want the attention," the girlfriend's dad said. "He doesn't need the publicity."

The white-haired, bespectacled Burnett - a 75-year-old tennis buff - tumbled down two rows of seats with Pedevill after one final blast of obscenities put the older man over the edge.

The typically sedate tennis crowd turned quickly on Pedevill, who was drinking a beer when the fight broke out around 9 p.m.
    "Get him out of here!" fans screamed at security staff. "Throw the bum out!"

Burnett and Falco, 49, were also barred from the annual Queens tennis major through Sept. 30, 2012 - effectively a three-year ban.
    The quiet night at the Open quickly turned to game, set, punch when Pedevill began spewing obscenities from his nosebleed seats.

A YouTube video shows Falco - apparently at Pedevill's urging - slapping him across the face. Pedevill grins and mockingly claps his hands before going into professional wrestler mode.

"C'mon, smack me again," he taunted. "Go ahead. . . . I don't give a f--- what anybody wants. I got a lot of money on this game, and I f------ paid for my ticket."

The verbal sparring seemed about over when Pedevill unleashed one more stream of abuse at Falco.

"You f------ made me miss half the game, because you're being a f------ idiot!" the young man snapped - prompting Burnett to defend his daughter.

Burnett bolted from New York Friday morning for his Pennsylvania home. There were no arrests and neither side pressed charges in the fight.

Falco's neighbors in Sayville, L.I., said the mom of six wasn't one to back down.

"I wouldn't mess with her," said Andrea Cardinale. "The whole family looks tough."

The spasm of violence unnerved a pair of British tourists more used to the staid scene at Wimbledon.

"I've never, ever seen anything like it," said Sue Linford, who was a few sections over from the fight. "I thought it was going to be a great brawl."

Her friend Joan Standring was still shaken by the thought of a tennis match turning into a WWE-style summer smackdown.

"My God, it's been a long time since I've seen a fight," she said. "I never thought I'd see one here."

lmcshane@nydailynews.com

15. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Wow....

16. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Well, I'm satisfied.

And, tmoney1101, you are one serious dbag. I would've call you out too and made sure everybody heard me. And if you wanted to call me out(side), blood would have been spilt just for your punky attitude. Not claiming winners, but there will be blood on the road just because you couldn't follow simple rules of the moment.

You and that punk at the match are a match. No, probably not. The match dude probably wished he kept his mouth shut, while you continue your dbag-ness.

17. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

I have a mutual friend with the guy (through facebook)...small world

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I thought the old guy got what he deserved and the lady should have had her jaw tapped for hitting that kid. He looked like a punk but the "mature" folks were the ones who escalated things.

19. rudan

rudan Member

What a r****ded punk.......

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aCodW3ZR9k8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aCodW3ZR9k8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

this goes to show you that age doesn't make you wise all the time.

the young guy is right. he paid for the damn ticket and he can do whatever he wants as long as he doesn't yap during the points, and that's what he said.

the lady wants him to shut up in general. if she was smarter, she simply would tell the security guy if she has a problem.

both sides are at fault. and the old guy was really stupid to escalate it even further by being physical.