1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You watching the Blazers @ Rockets organisation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, May 12, 2019.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

LOL

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah, watching them crash and burn.

3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I watched 0 minutes in the consolation series. I watched 0 minutes in the other bracket, but did watch the ending of the Raptors game with Khawi. All I have to say is keep pushing it, it will break this upcoming season, or the next.

Rocket River likes this.
  4. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Not watching the blazers get trounced. So many IDIOT threads!

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Blazers will hang their runner-up banner & proudly display their runner-up trophy like the Rockets.

[​IMG]

waytookrzy079, RyanB and smp like this.
  6. MystikArkitect

[​IMG]

Reeko, Zboy, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  7. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

This thread aged poorly.

CCity Zero, Reeko, Remlap and 3 others like this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

Nobody wants to understand the point ;)

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. clos4life

clos4life Member

I think the Rockets organization are watching and doubling up on analytics.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Your point was that Houston shouldn't have a slavish fixation on threes and lay-ups, that they should be willing to mix in mid-range jumpers when the defense gives them up, right? I don't think Morey would have any problem with that--he said about five years ago that if the Rockets had LaMarcus Aldridge, of course they'd want him shooting his mid-range shots. Morey's philosophy is that you play the percentages--when everything is equal, three-pointers and lay-ups are the highest efficiency shots. However, if a defense is overplaying the three-point line and conceding wide open shots at mid-range, everything is not equal and the percentages shift.

Portland is not really a great illustration of this point, as they don't seem to have any plan at all on offense.

HP3, cbs1507, RyanB and 3 others like this.
  11. smp

smp Member

Lots of LeBron hate in here. It’s funny to me how jealous you guys are of his accomplishments. All these excuses about this and that. Multiple teams of his have been to the finals more than all of the Rockets teams combined. Sure, he doesn’t know basketball. Don’t listen to him. Make fun of that guy. Ask where he is when Portland can’t compete against GS. It has nothing to do with anything.

Someone in this thread mentioned LeBron went heavy iso and slowed the pace to beat GS. Well guess what Morey tried. LeBron figured it out and was the only one to successfully implement it all the way to the end. Another ring for him. He has a collection. So does GS. So do the Spurs. Everyone else is scurrying around trying to pick up the scraps those dynasties left behind.

Quit being so arrogant about our system as though it’s flawless. It put GS in hot water. Made them sweat. But here we are. Still haven’t won a damn thing with it. A little humility would go along way when all you have is moral victories and division banners. Calling out LeBron is just haters hating.

Nelly, fckbandwagons and xaos like this.
  12. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

This thread did not age well...at least we took them to 6 lol

hakeem94 and RyanB like this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I will wait for the series to be complete
    but
    I have to wonder Where Portland truly ranks in this years playoffs

They beat OKC and DENVER - So they are above them
    Could they have beaten the Clippers or Utah?

Rocket River

14. JW86

JW86 Member

Yes exactly. I specifically was talking about game 7 late, in the clutch, Blazers just went for the shots that were there and easier to make when your legs are tired and are as talented at midrange like CP3 and Harden, Gordon and Rivers probably too. Hell, I’d trust Nene from the elbow over 90% of our shots late under pressure.

smp and hakeem94 like this.
  15. MystikArkitect

The point is 2 pt mid range shots are ok.

The bigger point is that against these Warriors, it doesn’t really matter where you shoot from.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The most interesting thing in the league and among fans

If a player carried the ball 99 yards. . .. but is unable to get that last one
    He is the disappointment. He is a failure. Etc
    Looking at folx saying LeBron was not the best player on his team is crazy

While the Engine doesn't win the race . . .. . without it there is no race

Rocket River

17. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Oh, we understand you just fine, it just doesn't have any merit in this case. Exploiting the midrange in the clutch and taking it when it's available would mean something if the opponent in question is responding in kind as opposed to hitting threes.

Lebron has gotten swept in every finals he's been in without a superteam or superstar backing him up. Even with a superteam he lost to the Mavs and would have lost to the Spurs twice if it weren't for Ray Allen. He has never beaten the KD era Warriors and has worse results than us; it was Kyrie that won their only victory against them. It was also Kyrie that clinched the title against Curry in 2016.

HP3 likes this.
  18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Sure, but some of those finals sweeps were on teams that would not have even made the playoffs without him, let alone won playoff series.

19. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Apparently Lillard is playing with separated ribs or something like that. So that could be why he isn't playing well. Cant explain for the rest of the team though

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I think in terms of quality, the top 3 western teams are GS, Houston, and Utah. I don’t think anyone outside of GS and Houston could have taken Utah out. Just my admittedly biased 2 cents

CCity Zero likes this.