1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Mock Re-Draft of current NFL players

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by countingcrow, Apr 18, 2010.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Cool concept and an interesting read...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface041610

18. Pittsburgh Steelers – Brian Cushing, OLB: I’ll never forget the conversation I had last year with former Cardinals, Rams and 49ers scout David Razzano, one of the most authentic talent evaluators in the business. I asked him about Aaron Curry, and all he wanted to talk about was Cushing. “He’s the best linebacker, by far,” Razzano insisted. “I’m telling you, the guy’s an Urlacher type. He’s relentless, plays from side to side and could’ve played in the NFL as a [USC] freshman. He’s got a great motor, is really good at dropping into zone coverage and makes plays all over the field.” That’s pretty much the way Cushing’s rookie season with the Texans unfolded, and Mike Tomlin can’t wait to get his hands on the kid and watch him become the next great Pittsburgh linebacker.

20. Houston Texans – Andre Johnson, WR: Can you imagine the Texans without their consistently terrific receiver? General manager Rick Smith can’t, so he’s taking the understated 28-year-old who has caught more than 100 passes in three of the past four seasons. It’s a shame that Johnson has never played in a truly big game; if he ever does, I have a feeling he’ll rip it up the way Fitzgerald did during the ’08 playoffs.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Silver is an obvious Raider Hater but even I laughed out loud at the Roethlisberger is a great fit on this team that will take any thug off the street.

You're forgetting this is a Raiders team that has been bottom of the division for 7 years now, yet hasn't even given Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson, T.O. or any other thug twisters the time of day.

I mean DAMN Silver, just let the hatred flow brother.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Interesting draft concept, being able to take any player in the league. With how its set up with certain teams with certain needs locked into draft positions, it becomes a bit subjective to argue about. Its tougher to get into "Why wouldnt the Eagles take Terrell Suggs instead of Gerald McCoy?" Its about hoping one of your favorite players gets some love over another.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm kind of insulted that he compared Cushing to Urlacher. Come on, really? Cushing already seems to have better field awareness than Urlacher ever did. Plus I'd bet my last dollar that he is way faster...

5. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

What stood out to me more than the comparison to Urlacher was the fact that he was the third linebacker drafted in this re-draft. So, by definition, he is the third best linebacker in the league in this guy's opinion.

That is high praise for a guy coming off his rookie season who missed most of training camp. The sky is the limit.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Your whole definition theory thing is flawed. Age is clearly factored.

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Taking Matt Ryan over Matt Schaub? Maybe because Ryan is younger...but I think this guy is letting his Ryan crush override good sense (he has him going over Phillip Rivers too).