1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo.com] Quadruple amputee Kyle Maynard's to make MMA debut on Saturday

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GRENDEL, Apr 23, 2009.

1. kryten128

kryten128 Member

I agree, if anybody actually tries to hurt him, he'd be KO'd faster than you can say "Kimbo Slice". He should fight the other quadruple amputees of this world.

2. aghast

aghast Member

Clearly, anyone who went to this match was paying to watch a freakshow. The PPV subscribers didn't pony up to watch an honest, fair fight. They paid to watch a beating.

So why fight other amputees, against whom he might be evenly matched?

I say, flip the switch. Turn it around. Pay Maynard to fight a baby. Lots of babies, match after match. Just tear 'em apart. Have him fight toddlers, maybe, but any child with secondary teeth might prove too coordinated, too much of an honest match. Maybe have him bite the head off a chicken while he's at it.

I think the TV rights for Kyle Maynard fighting a baby would outsell any amputee-versus-amputee match you could muster.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or become an active participant in Bum Fights.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry but that fight was not only ridiculous, but dangerous.

Does MMA have some kind of sanctioning body?

That guy could easily be LITERALLY killed by someone with no way to defend his head.

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

..O man. 2 words: not good

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I remember correctly in his home state of Georgia they wouldn't sanction a match for him so he went to Alabama where they have no sanction. I don't think MMA has a central organization like AAU that sanctions fights so its up to the states.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Kyle Maynard needs to fight triple amputees or toddlers as part of a freak show. I think he can wrestle and do Jujitsu without any major problems or requiring modifying the rules.

I have no problems with someone who is otherwise handicapped participating in a sport as long as accomodating them doesn't require changing the nature of the sport. In Maynard's case they had to take a major part of MMA, standing kicks and even then he was still at a major disadvantage.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I wonder if Maury Povich is one of the promotors