1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you warmly welcome Draymond to the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 16, 2018.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don’t think the warriors want to be either lol.

Reeko and ApacheWarrior like this.
  2. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

In what universe would the warriors want to trade Dray here?
    Without Dray, they are still a premier contender and don't want to make their biggest rivals (Rockets) any better.

3. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Should of added a poll.

HewbieTrippin likes this.
  4. riko

riko Member

Sure Tucker is not the passer Draymond is but he is the defender Draymond is and a much better shooter without the drama

5. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

NOOO. I don't care if was the deciding factor between a ring or no ring... NOOOO.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He is not the defender draymond is sorry.

PJ has never even been mentioned for DPOY let alone first team defense if I’m not mistaken.

Draymond single handedly shut down our pick and roll offense last year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. vick

vick Member

Just like Pete Rose. If he played for you he was loved. If not he was hated.

8. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Never.
    He did??? I'm pretty sure both teams just ended up switching everything and we were up 3-2 ... Don't give draymond THIS kind of credit. He is a better overall defender than Tucker by a lil bit imo, but let's stop with these bogus comments. He didn't shut down anything. Warriors fans were scared and using the "We didn't have iggy" narrative because we were a threat to beat them in a grind it out series on both sides. And then of course we know what happened with cp. Draymond nearly cost them the series with his limited offense and actually being guarded by someone like tucker.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Nevermind my personal disdain for him as a player,

but as far as his skill set ... I really do think he's valuable in one offense, which is the warriors'. Defensively, he's good, but most teams expose him on the other end by letting him brick 3's. I mean, yawl all heard cp yell "ahh hell naw!!!" right when Draymond shot his open 3 and bricked it the other night right???

We're obviously a heavy pick n roll, and isolate off switches team. We all know this. Draymond's only offensive strength is being able to push the ball in transition to superstar shooters whose main offensive tendencies is off-ball movement. Our superstars are not those types of players. He can't consistently hit 3s anymore and he isnt a particularly good finisher at the rim. Rather he passes up shots that are open because he's not confident in his shot, nor has he proven the ability to create his own shot. So ... hard pass.

Not to mention, he'd demand a ton of money that he's not worthy of.

#109 HewbieTrippin, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I wouldn’t trade half the team or a ton of picks to get him but sure if the deal is right why not? I used to hate PJ Tucker when he was with the Suns and gave Harden his worst games of the season. Can’t tell you how much I hated CP3.

But of course it wouid feel weird as hell. You’d get over it when he’s on your team though.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

pretty sure harden has always torched pj tucker on the suns, regardless of his great effort on d

does the memory deceives me?

12. Man Dingo

Man Dingo Member

Nah, he is a cancer

Plus Harden is too soft spoken to deal with Draymond's brashness. Draymond will call Harden out for lack of effort on D and things will get volatile 10 minutes into Green's career as a Rocket

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really the best of reasons for not wanting DG on this team and tbh that says alot more about harden if anything. and it's not really a good thing

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No, because:

1. He will be getting paid max.
    2. I suspect his game will have a steep drop off in a few years, if not sooner.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No. I didn't warmly welcome Derek Fisher either.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

You can't find a bigger fan of PJ than me, but Draymond is a better defender, seriously, he's a unique defender, he would be terrific here with his ability to guard multiple positions and even bigger centers. With that said, i'm not sure about his offense, he's not a good shooter and in our offense his passing might not be as effective as it is on the Warriors. Assuming he's going to get a 25/30M per year contract, i think i'd gladly stick to PJ.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

No thanks. Draymond is a good player now but I seriously worry about him moving forward - he will continue to be a smart defender, but as he loses a little athleticism that will make him fall off very fast - he never had much to spare anyway. He was only an offensive zero because he had the best shooters in the world around him allowing him relatively easy buckets. On another team, he is probably even more of an offensive negative and if he goes from an elite to just an okay defensive player, I don't think that's good enough to keep him on the floor given how limited he is offensively - at least not for a guy who will still be running his mouth like he is the leader of the team. I would love to be wrong, but I think his mouth combined with a somewhat declining skill set over his next contract, and a less forgiving offense situation will be too much for him to overcome...ESPECIALLY at the cost it will take to retain him. I'm not certain about a lot of things, but I'm pretty certain about this.

18. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I like pondering thought experiments as much as the next person, but this is so unrealistic it's hard for me. Warriors would never trade a core player to a western conference rival, and Houston will not have cap room to sign Green for the foreseeable future. Only way I see Green signing in Houston is down the road for a vet min (because I don't think he will age well). If that happens, I'll be skeptical but willing to let him win me over like Jason Terry did. Won't matter much either way because he'll be a bit player at best.

19. Remlap

Remlap Member

I don't care about EITHER Green or Durant. But, we're now seeing proof that
    Durant came to GSW to ride Steph Curry's coat tails.
    Since Curry has gone out, the Warriors are 2-4 with Durant at the helm. LOL
    Can't do it on his own so had to jump on the bandwagon

20. DaBeard

DaBeard Member