1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Truly Stop Being a Fan If Morey Was Fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Oct 6, 2019.

?

Would You Stop Being a Fan?

1. Yes

59 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yes.

Also would never eat another Fortune cookie. Ever.

2. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

No I wouldn’t! For I believe that it’s the guys on the floor and their backups who are busting their buns trying to bring Houston a championship. Neither Morey or Tilman are the ones running the floor sweating, playing (hopefully) offense or defense. Come on people when it comes down to it , it’s the players that we should supporting and not political rhetoric.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If the players have any self respect they would stop playing for a Commie Club and ask for a trade to an All America team like the Utah Jazz.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Probably not but if he were fired for this I'd have a harder time being a passionate Rockets fan. I could just be a meh Rockets fan; that's how I am with the Texans.

"Did the Texans win? Neat. They lost? Eh idgaf."

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'll be a bigger fan. No longer would there be a delusional GM that thinks he's the star of the franchise. Don't you mother****ers forget Tilman got us Westbrook for a regrettable contract.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I turn 43 this month and I've been a Rockets fan since I was a small child. But if they capitulate to an authoritarian regime rather than supporting an employee's right to freedom of speech (and standing up for freedom)? Yeah. I'm out. This would be much bigger than basketball. This is about values. And as a proud American I'm strongly opposed to a foreign government bullying our local basketball team into firing one of the best general managers in basketball. The owner of San Antonio suuuuuuuuuucks but he's smart enough to let Pop express whatever views he wants. Maybe I'm a Spurs fan if Morey gets fired. We'll see who stands up for American values and who doesn't.

7. Williamson

I haven't forgotten that and I'm still not happy about it.

clutchdabear and HP3 like this.
  8. Vik

Vik Contributing Member

I wouldn't stop being a fan, but I would immediately cancel my season tickets. I've been a die hard since the 80s, and I've been fortunate enough to move back to Houston a decade ago and get season tickets. That said, I wouldn't be able to keep the tickets in good conscience. Does anybody know what the in-season refund policy is?

clutchdabear, Williamson and malakas like this.
  9. txn

txn Member

The true difference between an American fan and those brainwashed Chinese fans who b****ing out “bye clutchfans, bye rockets” after one single tweet. Seriously, people while you guys b****ing about our government, enjoy the freedom of speech u have. Imagine the life that you have to sing the song to praise CCP and kissing their fat ass everyday so that you can live better.

10. Williamson

Actually, I'd probably be an Orlando Magic fan. That's where MCW is.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

If our ******* GM got fired because foreign fans are over reacting over a tweet I would be done with the Rockets until Tilman sells the team.

that's actually ****ing bullshit a foreign government can affect the franchise this way.

12. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Tillman is a p***y. I hope he gets this message. Hes a ****en commie.

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I would not stop being a fan because I'm ride or die.

14. Handles

Handles Member

Seriously though, what’s next? What other American things will the CPC and it’s followers influence with their power?

One tweet and people will ignore the entire body of work. One tweet and that’s now who you are, forever branded, 0 to 100, F the whole org because of one individual’s single opinion.

BleedsRocketRed and clutchdabear like this.
  15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If this happened, the rockets would be the Oilers to me. The Oilers after they moved to Tennessee, that is.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wouldn't the fault actually lie at the feet of Morey for making a stupid decision to tweet that, and for Tillman to fire him?

DD

17. Handles

Handles Member

Yes it’s Morey’s and Tilman’s faults if that is the outcome. Doesn’t mean the whole situation isn’t bull crap. Getting fired because you offended thin-skinned commies that can’t separate an individual’s opinion from the collective. It’s bull **** and it hurts the rockets as an org. The offended Chinese care more about their corrupt government than they do the rockets and as a rockets fan and free speech and human rights fan, that’s bull.

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I think he goes to teach at Sloan, but it's an interesting question. If he gets whacked over this, I don't see another NBA team racing in to grab him, despite his qualifications. Maybe he writes a series of books on his time in the NBA, and then basketball in general? Or how to identify information asymmetries, and how to profit from same?

19. Williamson

Ethics and values be damned!

20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard