1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade for Chris Bosh if Miami flames out this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RHU525, Oct 8, 2014.

?

Trade for Bosh?

1. Yes! He can still be our missing peice

118 vote(s)
    36.9%
  2. No way! After what he did this summer

202 vote(s)
    63.1%
  1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If Miami decides they need to dump Chris Bosh. Would you still trade for him after what he did to us this summer?

Personally, he is now my least favorite player in the league. Damian Lillard ended our season, but Chris Bosh single handedly ended our Championship dreams for the next two seasons barring another huge trade.

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Depends on what we have to give up. His contract isn't very attractive though.

1 person likes this.
  3. omgTHEpotential

Terrible contract, also the fact that he chose Miami indicates he's not serious about winning. Do we want winners on this team? Or do we want guys who are in it only for the money?

1 person likes this.
  4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

1) We couldn't afford him
    2) I don't see Miami flaming out
    3) It's time to let that ship sail

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

Absolutely. Would have to be quite the flame out though.

The problem is I think Miami will be "just good enough". Make the playoffs, maybe even get a middling seed, but not threaten to win it all.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If a player starts playing poorly on the first year of his 5 year contract that is well over 100 million, why the heck would a team trade for such a player??? Ever???

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

^^^ ala Josh Smith

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Bosh took the money, so now he has to do the time. He's gonna be the villain now, in Miami more than anywhere else, for keeping that team in the worst position possible, which is a late seed in an inferior conference with no hope at ever sniffing the second round or a lotto pick for at least two years. Good riddance.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hell no. We can't be his rebound chick after rebound.

1 person likes this.
  10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

If the Heat will flame out, Bosh will be one of the problem/reasons, in fact, he could be the major one.

Well, that will make him on top of the worse contracts of the NBA for the next 5 years.

11. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Nope. Let him burn

1 person likes this.
  12. photojoe

photojoe Member

The thing that was so attractive about Chris Bosh this offseason is that he would have fit perfectly into our existing lineup. I mean absolute perfect fit. The things that he does well are the things that we are weak at. The things that he is weak at we do well.

If he became available in the trade market, that wouldn't be the case anymore. Even if it was just to match salaries, we would have to trade a lot of our roster and by doing that would ruin a lot of the way that he fit so well for us.

Not only that, I thought that the 4 years/90million that we offered was too much, but was justifiable for how well he would have fit. If we traded for him now, we would be forced to pay 5 years/118million AND give up several significant assets.

No thanks.

13. bongman

bongman Member

If Miami flames out (in the East) and Bosh is supposedly one of their top players, why would still want him?

14. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

NOoOoOooOoOo!!!!!!! STFU with this, bad contract, he didn't want to be here and trading for him would not allow us to go for KDUB. Stupid forum, NEXT!!!!

1 person likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bosh is going to have a great year this year. would have been nice if he had ultimately signed here as originally thought.

16. vick

vick Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

17. mightybosstone

Wow. I'm surprised by some of these posts. There are a lot of bitter Rockets fans in here. But I think people are overlooking what Bosh could mean for this team. He would be the perfect stretch 4 and could provide the defense at the position that Houston has lacked the last few years. He's perfect, and that's why Morey tried so hard to get him in the offseason. Hell, if Morey could have offered that contract for Bosh, he would have.

So the answer to me is an emphatic "yes," despite the fact that I hate his guts right now after he burned Houston. However, that's just looking at the idea of trading for him at face value. But then you have to look at the reality of actually trading for Bosh and what it would cost. The guy makes $20 million and outside of Harden and Howard, the Rockets don't have a single player making more than $9 million. They'd have to deal at least Ariza and either Kostas or Terry just to make the salary work, and Miami has no use for Ariza with Wade and Deng still on the roster.

So, would I trade for Bosh? Yes, in a heartbeat if the price was right. But is it going to happen? Not a chance in Hell.

1 person likes this.
  18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Pat will not trade him. Right or wrong, he's not going to tank this season.

19. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Let's not be naive. The majority of NBA players are in it for the money, the winning part is supplementary. You think Harden would stick around if we weren't paying him the max? Same with Dwight.

Of course I want winners on this team, but buys like Pierce, Duncan, Rondo, Bosh, and a plethora of past NBA champion vets are always in it for the money to some degree.

20. dragician

dragician Member

why would you trade for someone who can't keep his words!