1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you sign Dwayne Wade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 3, 2018.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes... let melo dwade and paul all enjoy their time in Houston and make Lebron Jeous! Would make it sweeter if we knocked the Lakers out of the playoffs!

2. mockster

mockster Member

Banana boat

Other then me liking Wade as a fan I would agree with you that ideally I wouldn’t pick up wade. The friendship of cp, melo, Lebron and wade is strong, this is why melo is still coming here after a meh season. Defiantly upsides to acquiring Wade in a limited role though but he’s a shell of his former self.

He did well off the bench for Miami and played well in the playoffs. I thought he was done after the Cavs but he did show some hope

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Meh, nothing real appealing about a washed up rusted boat.

[​IMG]

I don't need/want the Rockets to be a retirement home.

I'm a fan of Dwyane as well but Wade should stay put in Miami & retire.

Rashmon, craguin, Boki4MvP and 7 others like this.
  4. BackdoorHarden

Yes, because a 6 man rotation will get burnt out in game 6 and game 7.

10 or 15 minutes should help the burnt out and Harden standing around because he's playing 48 minutes a game

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Exactly what I was thinking about posting as I read this thread.

Tfor3 and D-rock like this.
  6. mockster

mockster Member

Lol!, I think it’s possible he signs and retires in Miami, I saw he just signed a lifetime clothing brand contract with some Chinese company. Might be securing his retirement fund with that and calling it quits

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would be amazed If D-Wade leaves Miami again.

BigggReddd likes this.
  8. Milos

Milos Member

I don't see him as a fit in reg rotation here
    IMO he would replace MCW on roster

I see his role more like JJ / Green / Tarik / Nene last yr -
    In & out of rotation based on injuries / schedule / matchups ... but zero guaranteed regular run
    And never on court in crunch time

If he's fine playing that role?
    For Vet Min?
    Of course
    Still light years better than MCW will ever be

Only 96 backcourt MPG available total:
    Let's say you get Harden down to 34 (62)
    Keep CP3 fresh at only 30 (32)
    EGo gets at least 20 (12)
    Even if GG plays only SF (12)

Now only 12 left for everyone else
    Those would mostly come from playing garbage 4Qs in blowouts, or filling in for injuries

In close games when everyone suits up, those 12 MPG will get soaked up by the Top 3 Gs
    Wade can't hope to be better than #4 on this team

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

clutchdabear and mockster like this.
  10. mockster

mockster Member

The shark is obviously Lebron

Gorki and topfive like this.
  11. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Can a banana boat float if there is no king to ask for more beer?

In a Burt Steele catch me if you can banana boat. Who needs a king when you got the beard?

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah there’s no conversation to be had here. Wade’s two stints away from Miami were an absolute disaster. If he shockingly decides to play another season not in Miami, it would not be a basketball decision but more a life style decision in LA with the Lakers but even that; I’m pretty sure it’s Heat or retire

BigggReddd likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He came up in another thread a while back and I said he'd be a good addition for the minimum just to have on the bench and in the locker room, and could maybe give us a few effective minutes here and there. More effective than Joe Johnson, in my opinion. Then I quit thinking about the guy. I agree with J.R. that Wade should just stay in Miami until he retires. He doesn't have anything to prove. If he were to want a season here with CP3 and Melo, though, I wouldn't jump up and down and say no. It might be entertaining.

don grahamleone and mockster like this.
  14. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Personally I wouldnt mind him for like 10-15 minutes in the playoffs only. He's still serviceable and has that experience.

But remember how his friendship with Lebron caused a rift in Cleveland? I wonder if something similar would happen with him and CP3. Also, if he feels like he's at that point in his career where he plays like 20 mins or so a night, then I can't see him leaving Miami. Probably just ride out into the sunset and retire in a couple years enjoying what's left of a HOF career.

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

The only weakness I saw in our team from an offensive standpoint is that too many of our players were stuck on the 3pt line and couldn't create. EGo tried the hardest and proved effective by taking it to the hole after Harden and CP3 but everyone else that tried did terrible. Our only weakness was the stagnation around the 3pt line. I doubt he comes here but after our backcourt with Harden having the ability to play the wing I wouldn't mind having another non-rookie and non-DLeaguer ballhandler for short spurts that can create. Movement broke down the Warriors on D. Whether we get any foul calls is another story. There are going to be a lot of times we want to be able to have EGo, CP3, and Harden on the court. GG cannot spell 3 people. I love his energy but he needs to study John Starks. GG reminds me a lot of Omri Casspi with his quick out of control releases and drives from wild angles. He plays way too fast for the game at times and having a hard step to steady yourself at the basket or a set step to square up on a jumper would work wonders for him. Similar to Harden's step back that gives him alignment and momentum for follow through works well with all of his jab dribble penetration. Ryno's good evidence of the polar opposite with the slow timid release. Now we know why CP3 was so specific about getting the ball to him with the seams right and at the perfect level.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

our roster's already old and we're going to add 34yr old melo. don't need wade on top of that

Remlap likes this.
  18. Jontro

Jontro Member

so htine to the nba is like murica to european soccer

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's just the wrong type of player for this team. The one thing I like about him is his passing, but I think he's just slowed down one step too much to be effective here.

Retire with Miami. Both deserve that.

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

for the vet min - hell yes!
    He's got enough experience that MDA might actually play him occasionally...