1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would anyone be interested in joining a "NFL Picks" game for $?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ToyCen428, Nov 11, 2011.

1. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Im in a small betting game with people around the country.... it's just $5 and you basically choose the winners, and the combined MNF score of both teams.

Tie breaker is the score, you can't go OVER though.... if its a 3 way tie, and everyone guesses 40, 44, and 48 points, and the combined score is only 36 then everyone TIES.

If the score is 43 then the person who chose 40 wins. Get the idea?

Lately we've been having around 48-50 guys so it's been close to a $250 pot. I do one and my wife does one, last Monday if the Eagles had won, she would've won $240.

If there is enough interest I'll open it up to let others join.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Put me in.

3. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

OK, if I reach 10 guys I'll do it.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

How do we pay/get paid?

5. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

through Paypal I guess. It's actually ran by a friend of mine who lives in ABQ. I'm in VA so I Paypal him my money.

I'm guessing the schedule would go: Monday morning send $5 via PayPal, and email your picks. The day after the picks/money is in, a spreadsheet will be typed up of everyone's picks and emailed out to those people.

Deadline for picks is Tuesday night since there are Thursday night football games now... so we may even have to send the Paypal transfer on Friday or something for the picks of the following week.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

ABQ as in New Mexico?

7. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

yeah.

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Is his name E.T.?

9. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

close. Wally (Wall-E)

[​IMG]

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

12. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

The process would suck for you guys now that I think about it. I've known this guy half my life, so my money gets to him a couple days after.

With picks/money being DUE on Tuesday night of the upcoming week, the money would have to be paypal'ed on Thurs morning to have time to transfer into his account. You could just email him your picks for the week that Tues before noon or something.

If you're cool with it, I'll set it up so you can join.

IMO, with me knowing how much I like football, I figured I'd have the upper hand at guessing the winners each week. Come to find out, I'm pretty bad at it. Wife is much better then I am.