1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst officiating in recent memory?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Moleb, Dec 25, 2017.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Illegal defense is allowed. Hand checking is everywhere all the time.

SIL

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Patrick was fined $10,000 bucks for this tweet.

Bravo! I couldn't agree more. The refereeing this season has reached new lows. It was "liked" by Mark Cuban. Very interesting.

ramotadab, J.R., pippendagimp and 3 others like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I loved it when the Rockets ISO Harden or Paul on one side .. . send everyone else to the other side
    yet the Defense has one defender on Harden or Paul . .. and another one behind that defender not guarding any one

Rocket River

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

You know, if I was an owner I'd stay out of all this. The only thing I've seen thatd make me get up, make a call, and start something was the Clippers game bullshit.

I can live with bad calls, but not illegal ones. Why isn't the NBA nation not harping about this?

That's the ideal sequence to call out.

SIL

5. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

That's legal nowadays.

SIL

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Fixed

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

damn he earned a lot of respect. hopefully 100 more players do the same and then let silver try to hush up the crowd

Deckard likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

But why stop there? There could be cameras or sensors along each boundary line so the refs wouldn't necessarily have to even worry about that. Heck, you could take that concept and apply it to other areas like, I dunno, goal-tending perhaps.

Point is to free up the refs attention so they can focus more on the game.

ramotadab likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was under the impression a pure zone was illegal

Rocket River

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Draymond Green: Friction between players, refs 'really bad'

The Golden State Warriors' Draymond Green told The Athletic on Saturday that ongoing friction between the NBA's officials and players is "ruining the game."

Green, who picked up his 11th technical foul of the season in the Warriors' 121-105 victory over the LA Clippers on Saturday, told the website that officials are making things personal and the problem is one of the No. 1 issues that needs to be solved by the league.

"It's bad," Green told the website. "It's horrible. It's really bad. I don't know why it is. But I think it's ridiculous. It's ruining the game. ... It should be one of, if not the main priority, to be solved. It definitely should."

The fed-up Green even proposed that the NBA should start fresh at the officiating position.

"They can get a new crop [of officials], a whole new crop," Green told the website. "Too many personal things going on. Too much me against you. It just don't work that way."

Green received the technical Saturday when he approached referee Tyler Ford to plead his case that Montrezl Harrell fouled him when the Clippers forward blocked his dunk attempt. Green was ejected during the Warriors' 141-128 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Dec. 30, marking the second time he has been tossed this season.

Three of Green's teammates also have been ejected this season -- Kevin Durant, who has been thrown out of games three times, Stephen Curry and Shaun Livingston. Livingston was tossed in an head-butting incident with official Courtney Kirkland. Kirkland was suspended for a week, while Livingston was suspended for one game for the incident.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported last month that Lee Seham, the general counsel for the National Basketball Referees Association, and Michele Roberts, the players association's executive director, met in New York to discuss the problem.

Seham and Roberts discussed several referee-player issues, including the NBRA's belief that the league office has become too lenient in allowing players' aggressive verbiage toward refs. Roberts countered that players are overwhelmingly disconcerted by what they believe is the disrespectful manner with which refs address players on the court.​

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah they are responding to the growing discontent. Melo just said he’s done with the referees haha ;) we need more serious action though, this whining on Twitter and in interviews won’t help, though Patterson pretty much nailed it.

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Does this count? I mean this is pretty bad officiating lol...

And for Sh!ts and giggles:

[​IMG]

Crashlanded19 and JayGoogle like this.
  15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Maybe that was a makeup call for when green hammered him in his face and he got no call.

16. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

Even Manti Teo wouldn't call that a foul.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm going to issue a Writ of Recency Bias.

Isn't officiating more and more terrible every year, like every set of announcers in every sport is almost always constantly terrible?

heypartner likes this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

haha.

Seriously though. I think we can say that the refs are legitimately confused (contradictory as a group) on how they are supposed to implement the new continuation rules, or should we say "No more continuation" rules. I don't think there is a change on a long-standing judgement call like that every year.

Sajan likes this.
  19. plee

plee Member

That was sooooo baddd when I saw it last night. I think they need to implement a system like baseball/football where you can have 1 or 2 reviews and if the refs missed it then you don't lose that review. It should help on the TRULY obvious ones like this one...

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The Durant 'trip' and the Westbrook 'offensive foul' on McCaw were two of the worst calls I have ever, ever, ever seen.

How anyone (here's looking at you Silver) can watch those without gagging/laughing is beyond me. Let alone to think it's completely acceptable.

The NBA officiating is a flat out joke at this point.

Change needs to be made otherwise the integrity of the league is going to continue trending downwards.

If the Mavericks were a better team, I'm almost positive Cuban would've been fined about $8,000,000 this season for his comments about the officials.

Rocket River likes this.