1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst officiating in recent memory?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Moleb, Dec 25, 2017.

1. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

It's not officiating. It's favoritism to orchestrated to follow the league offices agenda. You think they want the rockets to have the best record in the league. We are not marketable because we don't market to fake fans. We all know which team and only team in the league who markets to fake fans. Fake fans =$$$$. And that's all the silver cares about.

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

What I've always wondered is why they can't get 4+ refs per game. League got money bags, and refs have huge impact on the game. Just hire some more, how hard would it be?

DonKnock likes this.
  3. cebu

cebu Member

with the recent officiating fiasco against Rockets and Cavs, looks like NBA is working on getting Warriors and OKC onto the tops.

DonKnock and Crashlanded19 like this.
  4. Moleb

Moleb Member

this is seriously a good discussion, and its not filled with people saying "first page" . It has some good mature insightful posts. Please dont ruin it this is clutchfans.net not toxicfans.net. Your quote added no value to the discussion.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. Moleb

Moleb Member

Yeah thats why they are having that meeting with the refs, and players reps. There is a lot of tension out there, and it seems the refs are tired of the players crying, but on the other hand the players are tired of the refs missing calls. "Maybe" players are seeing how Draymond Green gets away with so much, and that Green has raised the bar concerning what you can, or cannot get away with.

Not a huge Spurs fan, but Leonard is a great example of a NBA player who doesn't give the refs a lot of grief.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. wesbound

wesbound Member

What is the point of having refs over looking the game from all the camera's out in Jersey? Aren't they suppose to help correct calls & speed games up? It seems like w/ the addition of refs over looking all those camera's in jersey does nothing but slow things down...

DonKnock likes this.
  7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Neither does the one I referenced. It was completely uncalled for as the person who mentioned about his refereeing experience had an extremely good point to make. That's why I said what I said. And I'm not the only person who pointed it out, either.

Maybe, instead of worrying about me, you should concentrate on the person who made the pointless comment in the first place, eh?

8. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

says the student manager for her high school team....lol

9. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

I kind of like having 4 refs on the court...

10. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

If flopping never started the game would be so much easier to officiate. Players are constantly trying to fool refs into calling fouls and refs are trying to determine whats a legit foul versus a flop. Players are to blame for this officiating mess also. What happened with the Lebron calls obviously didn't have anything to do with flopping but just making a point that players are to share the blame for this also.

11. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

yes. players are trying to fool referees... which is not good for any game

12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Says the dumb cuck who doesn't know what he's talking about...lol

SIL

13. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

The irony .... lol

DonKnock and photojoe like this.
  14. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Have 10 refs, one for each player

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

Rip lolol

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

SMH

Rocket River

17. Moleb

Moleb Member

Let's add Marcus smart / harden issue. And add Gianni's out of bounds as well.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. jacoby

jacoby Member

And Draymond's ejection

DonKnock likes this.
  19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

That was absolutely comical, considering what he gets away with every other game he plays.

I guess the NBA needs to have something to point to when it's brought up how much the Warriors get away with.

"but but but, we ejected Draymond that one time!"

malakas and DonKnock like this.
  20. MystikArkitect

The waiting to see if the player makes the shot before calling foul is sooooo suspicious. I mean seriously how the hell do refs do this?

Harden has been getting hand checked and teams playing illegal defense for a little while now.

DonKnock likes this.