1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst officiating in recent memory?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Moleb, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Moleb

Moleb Member

It's been a long time since I have seen the NBA this bad concerning the officiating. I definitely hope the NBA & the players union come to some agreement on officiating. Sadly the upcoming meeting they will have will not really impact the horrible officiating this year.

s3ts and DonKnock like this.
  2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Refs are absolutely terrible. Such a shame that officiating has ruined sports

s3ts, DonKnock, tmactoyao and 2 others like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Put me in the group of those who think they've been very bad this season so far.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

that was pretty rough for your primetime christmas game. to decide it like that. with the announcers basically just yelling that you gave it to one team.

DonKnock and Moleb like this.
  5. Moleb

Moleb Member

JVG basically called them out on prime time TV when Houston went up against the Clippers. It's sad.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

The refs for this game were veteran refs, too. They weren't some rookie refs that didn't know what they were doing.

7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

They've made it personal. Refs are being over difficult this year. I've never seen AD or Harden this animated; or Bron tossed for that.

SIL

DonKnock likes this.
  8. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

They always been terrible. They just get worse every year so the previous years don't seem that bad.

9. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

so... as a basketball official... you guys have no idea how hard it is.... One quick anecdotal story.. I was trailing a play in the backcourt while following the dribbler... as he crossed in front of me I could have sworn he doubled dribble but since his back was to me at that moment I didn't see it.... I did not make the call because I didn't see it due to being view being blocked... of course the entire gym saw it and I got the ' what are you looking at?, how could you miss that call... etc... you can't call what you don't see...

refs are in no win situations... you always here let them play..unless it's your team being fouled...

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

Welp, that's why there's 3 reffs, not one.

DonKnock and Downtown Sniper like this.
  11. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

I also work 3 man rotations and it's still not enough court coverage. Keep in mind referees have zones of the court they cover.. I may have my eyes on the lane so I don't see what happens outside of the lane sometimes.... views are still blocked by moving bodies.. and throw in flopping.. makes it tough to call games

wesbound likes this.
  12. Steve_Francis_rules

You missed the call, but like others have said, that's why there are three refs. IMO, the bigger issue is, how many refs in that situation would have assumed he double-dribbled and made a potentially bad call even though other refs had a better angle on it?

13. Moleb

Moleb Member

My question is really with missed fouls on shooters. Harden gets fouled a lot on three point fg attempts. And he does get his fair share of ft's, but not nearly as much as Curry gets. My absolute biggest complaint is how much Harden is hand checked. I've played in pro am league's before & if I hand check slightly it's instant blocking foul. Yet when harden gets the step on his man he's hand checked all the way to the rim. These are the calls that bother me. Or when Lebron was fouled by KD in the final seconds of the game. Jvg even said he was hand Checked & hit across the arms. These are the blatant calls that are causing people to be upset.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

k, bro, no one gives a **** about your pee wee basketball officiating blunder.

SIL

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No one gives two ****s about ANYTHING you have to say, JuniorCollege.

MONON likes this.
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not sure why they can't just set it up like tennis. Baseline referees, sideline ones, and mid-court ones.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

the veteran refs definitely knew what they were doing...

cavs were a public dog at +4.5/+5... that foul not being called basically made it a 5 point game... and bron with the point shave at the end fouling klay for no reason which pushed the lead to 7, and the cavs didn't even attempt a shot at the end after the foul. plus bron hardly played like himself.

just saying...

18. MONON

MONON Member

Someone with experience elaborates on the subject & this is your response!?! G

DonKnock likes this.
  19. MONON

MONON Member

Someone with officiating experience expounds on the subject & this is your reply!?! Grow up, mental midget!!!

DonKnock likes this.
  20. MONON

MONON Member

Sorry about the double post. :oops: My bad!