1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[WOJ] Houston seeking available point guards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

pippendagimp and D-rock like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

We always knew the Rockets needed a 4th guard / backup PG. The problem is the "role." Finding someone that is "good enough for the job" and at the same time will be "OK" with the role where they don't play at times. That is a tough balance. Jameer Nelson fits the bill on the "good enough" part, but not sure HE wants to "play some, not play some" role. You have to have the right mindset. This is the situation that Tarik Black is in.

Rockets need to fill this role. PG will not play at times. Gordon will not play at times. Harden should even have maintenance games. Someone has to fill the void that can guard PGs and also be able to dribble the ball up the court have have some semblance of running an offense and hit an open jumper.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Solution is an experienced young player looking to prove themselves. Does not need to be point GUARD in this era of positionless basketball, just needs to better facilitator and ball handler than the Prince.

Vets have too much baggage and pride.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Well yeah, if you can find a point forward then by all means. Just tougher to find. I am fine with Troy Williams out there at the G spot if you can find a point forward that can handle the ball.

5. mockster

mockster Member

Bobby brown jokes aside, I’m surprised he’s not at least given a shot. In drew league he looked pretty solid with his shot. Guess he’s just an over glorified cheer leader

I’d at least give him a solid 15-20 mins to test the waters

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. mockster

mockster Member

Not gonna lor Troy Williams reminds me of Tracy McGrady

7. onreego

onreego Member

Problem is he's essentially a sg in a pg's body. I get that it's garbage time when he's on the floor but as a pg he should still look like he can run an offense rather than look like he's just looking for his.

8. rockets13champs

i think for Jameer, morey wants to sign someone for a unguaranteed deal just incase a team like the sixers buyout Redick or Suns buyout Tyson Etc.
    i personally think if Chandler gets bought out he'll go to OKC for sure because he'll sure minutes for sure behind Adams who now has no backup C with the trade of Kanter. Tyson Chandler fits Okc very well. As a Rockets fan we need to watch the buyout market very closely.

DonKnock, D-rock and pippendagimp like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I see Tyson go to San Antonio, they also tried to get him this summer in a sign & trade with Simmons but for some reason the deal feel off.

10. StrawberryJamm

Call Yao and borrow Jimmer Fredette for a few weeks.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

my guess is: Demetrius is playing because these early games don't count against his 2-way contract maximum of 45 days traveling with the team. Days with the Rockets don't count until the Viper's schedule starts on Nov 3rd. So we might as well play him, if he's here.

make sense?

Treat this as Free Time to get a look at Jackson, without triggering the limited, Rockets-pay-days side of the 2-way contract.

Same goes for anytime he's called up for injury-minutes. No use calling him up and burning into his 45-days, unless you are going to play him. And keep in mind, like 10-day contracts, everyday he's called up counts, not just Game Days.

Mathloom, DonKnock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol i had been thinking the same past few days :D

Williamson likes this.
  13. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Let Jackson and Taylor get some burn. We can beat the lower tier teams in the league even with them. No point getting a vet who's actually looking for a long term role.

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Tyler Ennis Sounds better than Nelson or Deron Williams.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey is an idiot for seeking available PGs. Available PGs suck. Morey must seek unavailable PGs.

PhilCollins likes this.
  16. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Isaiah Taylor is gone he’s on the Hawks

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is there a new Tyler Ennis I've never heard of? The one we had before wasn't even a D League quality player.

DreamShakeFTW and alethios like this.
  19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is Gary Payton 2 available? Didn't he get cut recently?

alethios likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Houston seems like the better choice for Nelson if those are the teams interested in him AND if he wants to try to win something. He's not going to get playing time anyway when Rondo comes back, he would probably get minutes for the rest of the season in Brooklyn but well, in a trash tier team...Charlotte might be a little interesting but again, back up minutes anyway, mediocre team...