1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Anthony Davis traded to Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jun 15, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. lionaire

lionaire Member

"We'll have our pick of free agents" - LeGM

3. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Until Kyrie pouts and wants out

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Can he waive it at any time then, or only at the execution of the trade?

I understand the scenario here is where he’ll “know” if he should waive it before it’s executed, but I’m just curious.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I want the Lakers to pursue Kevin Durant or Klay Thompson, that way, the Rockets have one more year to do something.

7. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

The Lakers done stole this organization 3 best players
    Kobe
    Paul
    AD

Zion u on the clock lol

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

But who will take a discount to sign for either amount?

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not sure. Someone would have to take a haircut*. Kemba? He said he would take less for Charlotte (LOL).

#289 J.R., Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Seems like it’s still up in the air on when the trade will be executed. It may not be necessary for someone to take a haircut.

11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is orchestrated to bring LeBron and the Lakers back into contention. This move alone could do it for them if Klay and/or Durant aren't the same anymore or if they're on other teams. With LeBron, Davis, the underrated Kuzma, and some size and shooting the Lakers are strong contenders.

I do wonder if they could send out Kuzma in a sign and trade? I remember him pushing LeBron into position on defense this past season. Lol. He might still be salty about that.

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Hate to say it but Rockets best chance was this year....

Lakers going to be a better team than the Warriors were without Durant/Cousins simply because Irving/LeBron/AD >> Curry Klay Dray

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Kuz is smarter than that, you dun get to ride the train to a championship every year.

Winning the championship or the WCF as a young player would fill out your resume nicely.

14. biina

biina Member

Problem is Davis is not really what they needed.

They had a bigger need in the back court, than front court. The Davis trade has made it even more difficult to fix it.

15. farhen

farhen Member

LeGM > Murrey

16. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It's too easy to surmise failure... Even with restraining Kuzma there will be issues. LeBron needs elite shooters that can defend... The refs will probably help this Lakers team to the promised land to negate the new era of play in which the Lakers have don't really have the personnel.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Sooo,

Pelicans are the Lakers Gleague affiliate?

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Except Irving isn't ON the Lakers.....

19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Agree. Let's tamp down the woe is me, the West is lost nonsense. The Lakers traded half of their team, and most of their future, to get AD. At BEST, it will take some time for their new players to gel. That's assuming they even get decent players that fit together (which Lakers' mgmt has shown that they are turrible at).

Everyone thought just adding LeBron to that team put them in contention in the West. Everyone was completely wrong. Now, everyone is assuming that adding AD (and losing all the others) puts them up on the top of a very talented West. When AD isn't even the player they really needed. Lakers should be in playoff contention, I'm not sure I'd put them in the top four just yet, even. Especially considering that LeBron has indicated he's at the age where injuries now play into the picture. All those finals appearances mean all that wear and tear...AND that much less recovery time...every year. Plus he started playing early. He's probably 5 player years older than his actual age, as far as accumated wear and tear. What would everyone say the odds are that he plays 70+ games?

worldlyman likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

This seems like exactly what i would say to myself if i would want to convince myself the Lakers didn't get much better :D