1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Winning Streak - my new rock band - releasing an album

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by napalm06, May 30, 2018.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[7.5.18 update: 3rd and final single just posted, go to end of thread if interested.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi everybody. My new band is releasing our debut album. The album features Mike Herrera from MxPx, Dave Nassie from No Use For A Name, and more (for those of you who were into 90's / early 00's punk rock). I know, more of a hip hop / metal crowd here probably (and those are cool too.) Just sharing this labor of love!

We started as a high school band in Sugar Land about 15 years ago and used to gig around Houston. Ended up going our separate ways for college and, 10 years later, got the itch to start recording again, bouncing stuff back and forth long distance.

A limited run of CDs was just ordered. Stream our first single here, or preorder if you feel so inclined! (No vinyl until I can recoup some costs on recording. [​IMG] ) Thanks for any likes and support!

For fans of: NUFAN, MxPx, early Thrice, Strung Out, Fat WreckChords stuff.
    winningstreaktx.bandcamp.com
    www.facebook.com/winningstreaktx

#1 napalm06, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Damn. Former KTRU DJ here... that is seriously nice. Might be selling it short to just call it punk.

Congrats in any case!! Will check it out in toto.

3. napalm06

Wow, very nice of you. Thank you.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Good stuff!

I love that you guys decided to get back together after a long hiatus. Says a lot for the bond you develop when you play music together, especially when you're in high school. Playing in a band should be required curriculum. But I digress....

5. napalm06

My little nephew is in a rock band class up in Minnesota. I was shocked that this even existed. Where was that during my time, right?

6. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really enjoyed that track! Great job! Will look forward to hearing the full release.

napalm06 likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Do you guys play live anywhere?

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty sure @DreamShook is gonna do the strikethrough thing on your band's name. :cool:

napalm06, B-Bob and Killatron 2000 like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nice that's a cool song.

napalm06 likes this.
  10. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

This is good stuff, dude. I still listen to Propagandhi, NOFX, Pulley, etc. all of the time. I'll add your jams to the mix. It's good to hear fellow Clutchpunk's hardwork paying off. Keep us informed on any release/show dates.

napalm06 and B-Bob like this.
  11. theimpossibles1

Nice bro. What is your role in the band? Really like some of the drum fills. My only criticism and its extremely nitpicky but the vocals seem just a tad out of balance (loud).

Very enjoyable.

napalm06 likes this.
  12. napalm06

Once upon a time we did. Now I live in the evil wasteland of Salt Lake City. Seriously, all of the live bands here are folk bands. It's bizarre.
    Always nice to meet someone else that listens to these classics. <3 Pulley.
    We debated this a lot during the mixing. I prefer vocals to be lower in the mix - and I'm the vocalist and guitarist, haha. My buddy Sam on drums.

Punk bands aren't exactly known for great vocals, so I prefer the instruments to hit harder.

I don't enjoy being vocalist / frontman, prefer being guitarist on the side of the stage. But I had these songs in my head, so I went for it. I'm proud of what it became. I've already got CD orders to Japan, Canada, Germany, Russia, Argentina... my last CD sold on all 6 continents, which really made me proud, even if the quantities were nothing. Punk is still alive around the world, just dead here.

#12 napalm06, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  13. napalm06

BUMP: We just released our second single. This one really kicks it back to the old 90's Tony Hawk soundtracks - and even better, features Mike Herrera of MxPx. I grew up learning guitar to MxPx albums and so it's surreal to be jamming along with a guy that you listened to as a kid!

CDs get here on June 21st, digital drops on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, etc on July 8. Thanks for listening!

mikol13, Os Trigonum, DudeWah and 2 others like this.
  14. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Dude, I am buying a hard copy for sure. Love that you included the lyrics. Your bump was well worth it. Keep'em coming.

napalm06 and B-Bob like this.
  15. napalm06

Thanks man, it really does mean a lot that 'strangers' can enjoy my stuff.

This type of old super-fast pop punk stuff really doesn't fit with the modern music scene. People don't really know what to do with it, haha.

#15 napalm06, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Killatron 2000 likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Melodic punk jam session" lol. really enjoyed this, agree with keep them coming, appreciate your posting these

napalm06 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

How did I miss this thread!? Very cool, man! I’m all about supporting music. I’ve done it myself for years and know how much you have to put into it just to make anything at all happen. Good stuff!

Best of luck!

napalm06 likes this.
  18. napalm06

Thanks man! What styles do you do?

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I love all kinds of music, but my stuff is more electronic with textured guitars. I lived it for many years. Now it’s more for me, but plan on some shows with this project after we are done recording.

napalm06 likes this.
  20. napalm06

Nice! I enjoy a variety of more ambient, thoughtful music, especially while I'm at work. My band just enjoys our nice niche with this fast rock stuff. The others grew up metal-heads where as I like more alternative rock, and this is an interesting blend of the two. Good luck with your projects!