1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will things get really ugly when some NBA players sit down or kneel during the Anthem?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^I'd guess suspension if it came to it.

Think Royce White level crazy.

2. TheresTheDagger

I'll never understand sitting for the flag. It is the actual symbol of the right to protest...something you can't do in other places in the world. That alone makes it worthy of the honor of standing...much less the blood spilled by millions to protect it and our country.The USA is not perfect. We work on that as a people every day. It would seem to me that standing for the flag even if you don't like everything about our country would be a leap of faith...that we CAN and WILL make things right for all. Instead, sitting only creates hard feelings and is counterproductive. I don't get it.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Who remembers when Steve Francis and Mobley were catching heat from fans for apparently not putting their hands on their heart or generally not paying attention during the anthem

4. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

You can protest in many places in the world :). We aren't alone in that, thanks goodness.

I can at least see that pacifist and extreme religious folks have good reasons to not stand for the flag. Pacifist only allegiance is peace, non-violent and non-war. The flag (not just here in the US but every country) is a symbol of allegiance to that nation and with that, a history of protecting it with blood (violent, war). For extreme religious folks, their only allegiance is their supreme being, not a nation. They would allow the nation to crumble to become a religious nation.

I can also see "traitor" have "bad" reasons to not stand for the flag (they wouldn't do it publicly if they are a politician). A person that only loyalty is to self and would do almost anything, at the cost of the nation and its whole people, to gain power and keep power.

FranchiseBlade likes this.